Have you needed a replacement? Why?

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Pandora radio was terrible with static & popping noises. Sounded like an old time record player (cool, but not cool). The native music player was the same way with some songs (some not so much). Replacement should be here Monday.
Anyone else needed a replacement phone, and why?

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I received a replacement due to the power button being a little too flush and mushy. Sent the replacement back the next day.

1. The power button was a little better. Not as flush with a better click to it. Not a huge difference though.
2. The screen was noticeably worse. There was vertical banding and grain, especially at lower brightness setting. It reminded me of the galaxy nexus screen.
3. Not sure if this means anything but on the sticker under the battery, it had some numbers which showed 12.07 on the replacement vs 12.06 on my original. Both made in China.
4. Dead pixel. Was still debating which one to keep until I saw the dead pixel.

The screen on my original is so perfect, and after seeing the replacement, I am not confident I will get another one as perfect. They offered to send out another one but told them to hold off for now. Might just deal with the power button and warranty it if and when it goes out completely.

The replacement was new in box.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Brought my original back for a rattling volume rocker...

New one also has a rattling volume rocker, and so does my brother's and my friend's as well - I'm just thinking that it's gonna be that way.

Did notice that my old S3 was 12.06, and my new one was also 12.07 - the box also had a white sticker that said 'updated' on it, as well as the plastic screen protector that was on the phone also said 'updated.' My new S3 feels more solid than the previous with no other issues outside of the volume rocker being a little loose.

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not looking forward to getting all my settings and app/app settings all put back together. Nor am I looking forward to having to replace the Phantom Skinz screen protector, but will be interested to see if the issue is resolved. Did they send you all an entire new phone (battery, charger, back, etc.), or just the phone hardware itself? I called within the 14 day window they give you to return the phone, so I'm sure I'm getting a new phone...Also interested to see if I get a newer version (12.07).

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting my replacement today before 3pm. My first one has a problem with the plastic behind the volume rockers under the battery door. It's loose and creaks. The ones in the store didn't do it so they ordered me another.

Only thing I'm not to pleased with is they charged my card for the replacement until I return the first one. They said since it's such a new phone and they don't have any stock in the stores (32GB model) they had to submit another order for me.

EDIT: When you guys are shipping your original phone back, are you shipping just the phone or the phone with all the accessories also?

Last edited:

cornfed

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Replaced mine due to faulty Bluetooth. Audio was crackling, popping. New one works flawlessly. And yes, I returned all the accessories.

PolarBear8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Getting a replacement because I constantly lose data connection. Flips through nothing, 1X, 3G and rarely 4G. I noticed mine has 12.06 so hoping that I get at least a 12.07 or maybe even 35.89 :p

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting my replacement today before 3pm. My first one has a problem with the plastic behind the volume rockers under the battery door. It's loose and creaks. The ones in the store didn't do it so they ordered me another.

Only thing I'm not to pleased with is they charged my card for the replacement until I return the first one. They said since it's such a new phone and they don't have any stock in the stores (32GB model) they had to submit another order for me.

EDIT: When you guys are shipping your original phone back, are you shipping just the phone or the phone with all the accessories also?

Regarding the additional charge to the card, they did that to me back when I had the DX. They assured me the card with get credited back once they receive the defective one. It took me over a month and numerous phone calls to get the credit back, and it was credited to my verizon account, not back to my card.

This time, they just sent out the replacement without any charges to my card or account.

They send out a brand new in the box replacement so you have to send everything back.

Does anyone know what the difference might be between 12.06 and 12.07? Unlike a previous poster, my 12.07 replacement didn't say "Updated" on the box or the screen protector. I checked About Phone in settings and everything was the same. I went through and did some comparison of things like unlocking, opening apps and app drawer, etc and they were exactly the same in speed. I also checked signal strength and was pretty much the same. The only thing I noticed that might have been different (can't be for sure) is that the 12.07 didn't seem to get as warm.

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the additional charge to the card, they did that to me back when I had the DX. They assured me the card with get credited back once they receive the defective one. It took me over a month and numerous phone calls to get the credit back, and it was credited to my verizon account, not back to my card.

This time, they just sent out the replacement without any charges to my card or account.

They send out a brand new in the box replacement so you have to send everything back.

Does anyone know what the difference might be between 12.06 and 12.07? Unlike a previous poster, my 12.07 replacement didn't say "Updated" on the box or the screen protector. I checked About Phone in settings and everything was the same. I went through and did some comparison of things like unlocking, opening apps and app drawer, etc and they were exactly the same in speed. I also checked signal strength and was pretty much the same. The only thing I noticed that might have been different (can't be for sure) is that the 12.07 didn't seem to get as warm.

Lovely. If I don't get my refund within 10 days of them receiving the phone I'll just do a charge back with my credit card company.

But my replacement came and it's a 12.06. However, it doesn't suffer from the creaking behind the volume buttons like mine did. And I'm returning all the accessories also. Thanks for the heads up.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Getting a replacement because I constantly lose data connection. Flips through nothing, 1X, 3G and rarely 4G. I noticed mine has 12.06 so hoping that I get at least a 12.07 or maybe even 35.89 :p

Mine did that. I called tech support and they opened a ticket plus suggested I get a new Sim. I thought the Sim could not be the issue but I came home with new Sim installed and have bad no issues.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Android Central Forums

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: ejerr11y

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I got a replacement from Verizon because of wifi problems. The wifi on the new phone works a lot better and I've noticed the battery drain is a lot slower too. Mine doesn't say "updated" on the box and I don't want to take my case off to look at the battery. But it is a much better phone than the first one I had. On the first one, they charged my debit card. For the replacement, they charged my Verizon account, which I appreciate because I've already sent the other one back and I'll be no money out of pocket.

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I had to get a replacement because the camera on my first one would not work. It would turn on but then would give me the message, camera failed. So far my second one works fine.

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I had mine replaced because it wouldn't turn on and wasn't recognized by my computer.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I got one mine due to WiFi issues and noe the battery on this replacement sucks @$$! Getting a replacement battery and if that don't fix it I'm getting another replacement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez