Stock phone died for no reason, won't turn on

Joe92GT

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My gs3 decided to turn itself off last night. I just figured the battery died, though I had thought that there was plenty of life left in it.

I got back, put it on the wall charger and a weird battery icon came up, and the phone still wouldn't boot.

After all night on the charger, I can get the phone to start booting with the samsung and 4g logo, but then it goes right back to the picture of a battery not charging.

Took it to the verizon store where they put a different battery in, but nothing changed. I can boot into the recovery menu, and did a wipe, but then the phone goes to the 4g screen and hangs there. The second I unplug power its off. It seems like the phones software just self destructed for no reason. This is a stock phone, no root or anything. I'm on vacation so its very annoying not to have a phone, and the local verizon store didn't have a 32gb in stock.

Any ideas? I tried sim card out, sim card in, and the phone won't even do anything unless plugged in.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear.....but hey....your on vaca, so enjoy it! Have Verizon send you a replacement and it'll be waiting when you get home.

I haven't heard of this problem with the S3, but knew of plenty with BlackBerry 99xx series and the PlayBook. I don't think the problem with those has been found.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana