What app can you recommend if your phone gets stolen to track it?

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: What app can you recommend if your phone gets stolen to track

Can anyone confirm that any of these apps are able to remotely turn on the GPS on the Verizon SGS3 specifically? I seem to recall that this requires root on this phone.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Can anyone confirm that any of these apps are able to remotely turn on the GPS on the Verizon SGS3 specifically? I seem to recall that this requires root on this phone.

Just leave it on? The impact on battery life is negligible.

laflaone

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site

I also have Cerberus. I chose it because of the features, not whether it was free or not. For those that "its free" is a big issue, I suggest you get a grip. Cerberus cost me all of about $4.

Jessica Nixon

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
My friends phone got stolen by some little high school girl & he could track his phone and see her through the camera. He really freaked her out by doing this, because he texted her and said he could see her. Big mistake. She ended up crushing the phone, but he tracked the phone to where she lived and got it back. Crushed screen & all.

stickmoney

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My friends phone got stolen by some little high school girl & he could track his phone and see her through the camera. He really freaked her out by doing this, because he texted her and said he could see her. Big mistake. She ended up crushing the phone, but he tracked the phone to where she lived and got it back. Crushed screen & all.

what app is this? Cause this sounds like something you'd see on a movie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Sailorbuoy

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

Have been using Lookout for over a year and extremely please. It located my phone left in a restaurant and taken home by an employee.....confronted her and it mysteriously showed back up at the restaurant the next day.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I currently use Lookout ,mainly for its tracking features,wiping features(premium) feature),and locking features(premium feature).

Another Lookout fan here.

what app is this? Cause this sounds like something you'd see on a movie

Don't know for sure what they were using, but Lookout will do this. It will track (or "find") your phone from a website. In addition, if you have a password set as the security lock and you enable the feature, it will take a picture of anyone who tries unsuccessfully 3 times to unlock your phone and email it to you.

For those who keep saying, "haven't had it happen yet," I'm in that category too, but you can test the "find phone" from their website without actually losing it, or make the phone start to screech, whatever. I'm not willing to test "wipe features." :) I have tested the email picture feature--works great. If it can take videos, however, that's news to me.

Lookout or something like it is a great deterrent. It will also wipe the phone and card. Everyone should have this app or something similar.

Lookout also acts as an anti-virus program, btw. It scans links and downloads to make sure they are safe. These days I think that's important. These phones are computers. You're not safe without an anti-virus, anti-malware.

Last edited:

JmommaC123

May 20, 2013
Visit site

That is really scary. Def sounds like something that came from a horror movie. I would never want that app.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm not willing to test "wipe features."
I went ahead and tested the wipe features (put an extra SDCard with miscellaneous stuff on it in the phone) and it worked as advertised.

I was, however, disappointed that Lookout didn't actually backup all of my photos/videos - I store all of that stuff on the SDCard and Lookout didn't even see it. I sent them feedback and they extended my trial, but they never did implement a solution so once the trial ended I stopped using it (I found their premium features to be too expensive for my use case - YMMV).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Google device manager
If you're referring to Android Device Manageruploadfromtaptalk1376677834209.jpg (Settings -> Security -> Device administrators) then I'd agree that it's a new service available for free to almost everyone that'll allow you to lock/wipe your device. Too bad it doesn't include pinpointing the location of the device.

I haven't tested the lock/wipe features myself so perhaps someone that has would care to comment.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

swatz23

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

What should i do, if my android is already stolen without any tracking apps installed in it!!!
I think is no more connected to my google account,
Is there any hope to track mobile?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

What should i do, if my android is already stolen without any tracking apps installed in it!!!
I think is no more connected to my google account,
Is there any hope to track mobile?

First of all, report your stolen phone. And, I hate to be the one to say this but, there is almost a 0% chance you will find it.

Tigerress Tate

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

Hello ,, I am also a person who lost,( I believe someone stole it) I went online and installed cerberus,, however now that I've done that it says to login ,, and it gave me no info to be able to log in,,, and when I go to help on their page it isn't very much help.....I have everything in my phone,, and I lost my father and all my pics are in that phone,, along with every friend I have,,,, you know these cell phones made us stupid and we don't remember #'s .so if anyone can help,, or has better ideas to try to track my phone its a sg3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95