Problem using Voice Commands

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is an S-Voice problem or a ICS problem. When I try to use the S-Voice for Voice Commands, which I use a lot on my phones, if the person has more than one number it gives me different options than in Contacts. For example, If I Say CALL John HOME it asks which number, then shows Custom 1, Custom 2, Then Work. So my friend has a HOME number, a MOBILE number, and a WORK number. So instead when I say HOME or MOBILE, it gives me it gives me the choices of Custom 1 or Custom 2 or Work. So not working like I'm use to on my old Droid X. In Contacts it shows all the numbers labeled correctly, HOME, MOBILE, WORK. So why is there a difference when I use the Voice Commands with S-Voice?
Not Sure if it's a problem with S-Voice or with ICS. Anyone else notice this? Hope there is a way around it, kind of hard to remember which number is Custom 1 and Custom 2.

recon14

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that I have to say a command several times with s voice before it gets it right. Droid x was much easier with voice commands.

sent from my S III using TapaTalk

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I agree, never had any problems with my X either. I do hope there is a way to distinguish between custom 1 and custom 2, just because I have a few friends with Work, Home, and Mobile numbers. Makes it a pain to use. I did read somewhere where there is a workaround to get Google Voice to work instead of using the S-Voice, might have to look into that and see if it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non