Desiring to upgrade from iphone to Galaxy S3

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Anybody regret replacing your Iphone with the Samsung?

Also, I have an Alpine INA W910 head unit car stereo. It has a USB input and also has a Pandora App. But to run the Pandora app, you need to download the Pandora app on the Iphone. WIll I lose this functionality or is there an aftermarket workaround? There does not seem to be any BT streaming option for this head unit. I can send and receive call through my head unit though,

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I might get flamed for this, but if that's important to you then I wouldn't switch over. My advice is to look up reviews of that head unit and see if it works with Android.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mrfmanuel

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
S3 is great... iphone is nothing next to S3.
About the alpine, I checked and it has bluetooth receiver and you can play music/calls throug bluetooth. About Pandora, I am not sure what exactly it is. If it is radio by internet, there are a lot of apps

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
We should have a separate board for all these 'should I get this to phone? Lol' threads.

Same goes for the 'I love this phone but...' threads.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Comparing an iPhone to an S3 is like comparing a Ferrari to a KIA. Actually, the iPhone would only be equivalent to the floor mat inside the KIA...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jude526

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Anybody regret replacing your Iphone with the Samsung?

Also, I have an Alpine INA W910 head unit car stereo. It has a USB input and also has a Pandora App. But to run the Pandora app, you need to download the Pandora app on the Iphone. WIll I lose this functionality or is there an aftermarket workaround? There does not seem to be any BT streaming option for this head unit. I can send and receive call through my head unit though,

The beautiful thing about android is that you can for apps on your desktop browser. Just type in Google play store and search alpine USB app. If Kenwood has an app for android I'm sure alpine should have it.

Good luck

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I've used an iPhone off and on since 2007 and I've toyed around with Android during those off periods. I can honestly say, (I came from an iPhone 4 to the SGS3), that I am extremely happy I made the choice. Other times when I switched, I would hang onto my iPhone, (just in case the Android handset started giving me loads of crap) then I would switch back. This time after my 14 days were up, I sold my iPhone! :cool:

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Had an iphone 4 for 14 months then bought the S3. Iphone was a good phone but the S3 is great. Have had the S3 for a month now and don't regret my decision at all.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
There are so many question marks when it comes to your question. Do you value a larger screen or would you prefer a smaller size? Do you like having beefy hardware or do you only care that it works fine? Do you like to be able to customize or I just want it to work perfect out of the box?

Things like these need to be specified to properly answer the question. I would honestly go to the Verizon store and play with the GS3 for 10 min or so just to make sure that you would actually like the device.

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
S3 is great... iphone is nothing next to S3.
About the alpine, I checked and it has bluetooth receiver and you can play music/calls throug bluetooth. About Pandora, I am not sure what exactly it is. If it is radio by internet, there are a lot of apps

That is a stupid thing to say about the iPhone. I will counter what you said and say that the Galaxy is nothing to the IPhone. The iPhone just flat out works and it's you kids in here that rave about your little widgets and such. If someone complains about the Samsung 4G radio, reboots and other well known issues, you all get uptight. I have used 2 Galaxy 3 s and both of them had nothing but problems. Yes, I live in a full 4G area. The radio just sucks. There is so much latency surfing the net with the Samsung that more often then not, my iPhone will load full websites faster.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That is a stupid thing to say about the iPhone. I will counter what you said and say that the Galaxy is nothing to the IPhone. The iPhone just flat out works and it's you kids in here that rave about your little widgets and such. If someone complains about the Samsung 4G radio, reboots and other well known issues, you all get uptight. I have used 2 Galaxy 3 s and both of them had nothing but problems. Yes, I live in a full 4G area. The radio just sucks. There is so much latency surfing the net with the Samsung that more often then not, my iPhone will load full websites faster.

I don't know what you're talking about. I think you may have gotten a bad phone. I live in an area with moderate 4G coverage and it FLIES for me. My 4G connection with my S3 is as fast as, if not faster than, a strong wifi connection with any other device that I've used, including your precious iPhone.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL, whatever helps you sleep at night.

In all seriousness, we should not even be comparing the iPhone to the S3. There isn't really much to even discuss and it is pretty unfair to the iPhone to even do something like this. It really cannot compete. iOS is old and dated and just keeps trying to add more Android features. Android has become the innovator and Apple has become the follower and is just trying to slow Android down with all their lawsuits. They obviously cannot keep up so Apple is just trying everything they can. It just shows how scared they really are of Samsung and Android.

If Apple only had the same amount of confidence in the iPhone that they brainwashed their users to have maybe they would not be so worried about suing.

Anyway, what we should be discussing are phones at least in the same league with each other like the S3, One X, Galaxy Nexus and Atrix HD. Why would we even bother to bring an iOS device into the mix. Even if you threw iOS into the S3 body, it would still be iOS. Period!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The Pandora apps that come pre-installed on those head units will unfortunately only work with an iPhone, I have a similar head unit... however the Google Play Store does have a Pandora app (I use it all the time with my unit) and you should be able to stream it via Bluetooth to the Audio receiver of that Alpine receiver.... I do it with my Pioneer and it works and sounds great.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez