AT&T allowing iPhone owners to keep their unlimited data!

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
What the hell is this crap? At&t is allowing iphone owners to upgrade to i5 at a subsidized price and still keep their unlimited data. But it's only for iPhone users. First we get screwed for being on Verizon and then we get screwed for not being iSheep? Lame! Here's the info:

AT&T just released a press release announcing availability of the iPhone 5. That certainly shouldn?t come as a shock to anyone, but a tid-bit within the press release certainly has grabbed out attention. AT&T has announced that it will allow those who purchased AT&T?s unlimited data plans from 2007-2010 to continue to use it even when purchasing the iPhone 5 at a subsidized price. AT&T discontinued its unlimited data plan in 2010 and moved to a tiered data plan, which it has since reprised and restructured, but those who originally purchased the unlimited plan were allowed to hang on to it as long as their contract remained unchanged. AT&T has been throttling those plans for different tiers in especially in high traffic areas..

Over the past year Verizon Wireless, like AT&T, has moved away from unlimited plans as users move to new LTE data plans that feature shared data. AT&T has taken a similar approach, offering its customers shared data plans that can be used across every device on a specific plan, including tablets. AT&T is also requiring users to sign-up for the expensive shared plans in order to use iOS 6′s FaceTime over 3G feature. Verizon Wireless on the other hand hasn?t revealed its plans. At the other end, Sprint is continuing its approach to touting its ?sharing is not caring? unlimited data plans.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Att throttles at 3gb or 5gb depending on device. So for me, I would be throttled over 90% of the time. Also, I have had voice and data in an underground parking structure the other day, when other people with att tmo have no signal at all. That, to me, is worth it as for me, a cell phone is first and foremost most needed in case of emergency.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member