New software update: VRALHE

semibru

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been actually getting a stronger signal inside my house and other then that I've had no issues. JB is coming very soon I can feel it.

Now my GPS doesn't lock at all. This update was the only significant change to the phone. And I'm still stock. I'll do some other messin around and see if I can get it working.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
My phone has been saying the update service unavailable since the last update and I didnt want to have to get a new sim, but I tried today and it worked. To those of you who thought you had to get a new sim, you didnt need to, I guess you wasted your time.

Yeah I tried today when I woke up and got it working fine without the new sim. So yay :)

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
did update yesterday and not to thrilled. i spent days trying to get rid of the "LAG" and now its back. also seems battery is draining a little to quick. for some reason its showing the display is a big culprit. the cell standby is the main monster user but...

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I just deferred this until I can read more. It seems like a worthless update on paper, so I'm suspect that Verizon isn't trying to sneak one by us.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If it isn't JB, VZW shouldn't be wasting my time. Samsung and VZW should get off their collectives and get JB released!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
They'll release JB when the time comes. They can release JB whenever they want and no one can do anything about it.
There's nothing you can do but wait.

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Theres more then likely some tweaks in the update that they wont tell us. Also what ever they did it fixed my update service unavailable problem, so when JB comes down in 4 or 5 months i will be ready for it.:-\

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update ..... Good news ..... when updates to programs appear, usually I click update & then put my phone to sleep & it almost never finishes any downloads or updates .... Wah Lah ..... it now downloads & updates all : ) That is the only thing that has ever bothered me about this phone : ))

Cheers, Jon

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
A lot of issues with ota's can be remedied by doing a simple wipe partition cache. It is simple to do also.
Power off your phone.
Hold volume up, home key, and power at same time and release all when you see recovery booting in top left.
When recovery opens use your volume button to scroll down to wipe partition cache.
Hit power button to select it.
When that is done just hit power button and it will reboot then.

PS. While I'm there I usually do it twice for good measure.

Last edited:

The Sim

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be having problems With the camera App since this update.. the camera just keeps shutting down and exiting to homescreen Without warning when in photo mode!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be having problems With the camera App since this update.. the camera just keeps shutting down and exiting to homescreen Without warning when in photo mode!

Open menu/manage apps/camera and clear data. Reboot and if that doesn't work read post above your post.
If neither works factory reset.

The Sim

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
ugh.. if I wanted to deal with these issues I would root it and manage things myself.. will try clearing app data. Thanks for advice. Don't want to factory reset, then I'll have to reupload all my photos music apps etc..

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
ugh.. if I wanted to deal with these issues I would root it and manage things myself.. will try clearing app data. Thanks for advice. Don't want to factory reset, then I'll have to reupload all my photos music apps etc..

I didn't say you have to reset, only as a last resort. But if I thought I needed to reset it is nothing, if you set it up right.
I have all of my apps, music, photo's etc on my extra sdcard. I use nova launcher and back up my settings and screen layout to my card as well. It takes me less than 10 min and I'm all done. Don't need to root to save everything.
PS. Sorry for the advice. Didn't know you came on just to complain. I usually think if someone puts in the effort to post on here they are willing to put in the effort to fix their issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95