Frame rate tanked

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So out of nowhere the frame rate on my device just took a dive and it's been that way a few days now. I don't know what happened but all graphics elements are noticeably slower. Flicking around on the home screen is choppy, opening the app drawer is even worse and games have a slow response time when tapping the screen for commands.

What happened?

I checked my recently installed apps and nothing extra is running in the background. I cleared my cache. Did a core on the phone die?

This is really annoying.

:: Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's highly unlikely that a core of the CPU died - more likely that some system setting got inadvertently changed, or that an application has mucked something up.
You can check Settings -> Developer options and be sure that Window animation scale and Transition animation scale are both set to Off - this will give you the best performance as it relates to things like swiping between screens, scrolling, etc.
Edit: you can also try changing the setting of Force GPU rendering and see if it has any positive effect on game play.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ItsMoo

May 4, 2011
Visit site
This has been happening to me all week as well. When ever I use the Tesla LED toggle widget on my homescreen, frame rate dives almost to half speed. Live wallpapers crawl, scrolling is slow, etc. I have to reboot to fix it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
This may be a long shot, but do any of you use Flipboard? That was the last app update I did before I noticed the problem and then Flipboard just did another "performance update" (the update that came a day or two after their major update that added sound clips or whatever) and now my phone seems to be back to normal with the exception that Flipboard page swiping still seems to be down a few frame rates. But at least it's not slowing down my phone anymore.

:: Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem.when i restart all looks well untill i swipe across the window then i end up with icons to far down to use or move, Also the screen seems to spread like a deck of cards across screen.. and theres one more prob thats not in here and i've read for hours.. That darned "S Audio" keeps askin me to wake it up.. yesterday on the way home i pressed it and wife was chattering and i forgot what i said into phone.. yea i know this last was outta context but dad gum it this is my first full day and the update hit me also Kies just did an update.. help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo