Hurricane Sandy - Galaxy S3 reception

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You guys on? Seems new jersey got demolished

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Im on havent had power for 36 hours all around me is out of power for like 50 miles in every direction only verizon is up in my area all the others are down...and im in central nj i guess verizon is really the most reliable network...i just hope the diesal doesnt run out on the gens now

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Not really having any reception issues in North Jersey with the cell. Heard from two people on Iphones (4S) that are having issues on Long Island (AT&T and Verizon) but I think they lost some cell towers over there.

no power though. Really getting a feel for how long the battery lasts. with 'regular' usage I seem to be able to get from 5pm quitting time at work until I get in the next morning. Which is good since it's also the alarm clock.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Im on havent had power for 36 hours all around me is out of power for like 50 miles in every direction only verizon is up in my area all the others are down...and im in central nj i guess verizon is really the most reliable network...i just hope the diesal doesnt run out on the gens now

ik exactly how you feel man when Katrina hit I went without power for a week after Rita hit same thing then Gustav hit no power for 2 weeks then recently we got hit with Issac lost power for almost 5 days but yea hurricanes sucks balls bro

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Not really having any reception issues in North Jersey with the cell. Heard from two people on Iphones (4S) that are having issues on Long Island (AT&T and Verizon) but I think they lost some cell towers over there.

no power though. Really getting a feel for how long the battery lasts. with 'regular' usage I seem to be able to get from 5pm quitting time at work until I get in the next morning. Which is good since it's also the alarm clock.
I had to do that as well sucked! Thank god for car chargers. I tried to tell you guys buy a car charger, and stock up on gas. I've been through too many storms to know. I hope you gnus stay safe.

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
ik exactly how you feel man when Katrina hit I went without power for a week after Rita hit same thing then Gustav hit no power for 2 weeks then recently we got hit with Issac lost power for almost 5 days but yea hurricanes sucks balls bro

96 hours and counting man no sign of coming on any time soon..i got a transformer dangling in front of my house so until thats fixed no power

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
96 hours and counting man no sign of coming on any time soon..i got a transformer dangling in front of my house so until thats fixed no power

bro that sucks I hope you stay safe winters gonna be a nasty thing if something nit done soon

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
bro that sucks I hope you stay safe winters gonna be a nasty thing if something nit done soon

Thank god just got it back after 6 days of being out feels wierd having it back...i was gettimg used to living by the generator haha

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm poor can't spend 500 on a generator and spend 400 in gas to keep it running. so I just sit there with candles, and 4 packs of d cell batteries. A propane lantern, until I get my electricity back. Recover will be slow and painful. Especially to people not used to this type of stuff. Just like if a freak blizzard burried my state Louisiana under 3 feet of snow. We would be looking our pants stay safe, and listen to athourities!!! If they say its not safe don't tempt it

Last edited: