Unable to connect to Wi-Fi Calling

lady of the lake

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I spent all day yesterday bouncing back and forth between Samsung and Verizon trying to get Wi-Fi calling to connect. I'm on a Verizon Business plan and transferred my Sim card from my Verizon NOTE2O+ to new unlocked 22ULTRA. The Wi-Fi calling toggle button won't stay on and a pop up msg says, "Unable to activate wifi calling at this time. Please try again later." Verizon synced my phone/number 3 times yesterday and still no go. By the time I got back to Samsung 10 hrs later for the 3rd time there was a 90minute wait time for a call back and I never got a call. I live and work from home in a rural area with horrible cellular reception and had 1 call drop 5 times yesterday so no Wi-Fi calling is a deal breaker. I think I may have a defective phone.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate your input.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
i dont think it is your phone. i got my elderly mother a new motorola yesterday, and also could not get wifi calling enabled. also the emergency location that wifi calling wants could not be updated either. my guess is vzw having a problem.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue and found a post that said to disable wifi and then activate wifi calling, then turn wifi back on. Worked for me.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Wifi Calling works for me on Verizon with an unlocked S22 Ultra. I didn't have to do anything special. All I did was take my SIM out of my Verizon S10+ and put it in my S22 Ultra.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
They must have fix it because Wi-Fi calling wasn't working for me the first day I received my phone. Just tried it now and it instantly activated. May have something to do with the device being registered in the database.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out how to turn on wifi calling on my S22 Ultra. Seems to work okay, I didn't get any error message. I'm on Verizon in San Francisco.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz