Contact list set to only show contacts with numbers, messaging app still shows emails

deconb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to apologize right upfront if this is the wrong place or if it's been asked before. I'm not sure if this problem is specific to this phone, verizon, samsung, google etc and I've searched here and google like crazy and can't find a solution.

I got a new phone number so I wanted to send out a bulk text to 30 or so friends with the new number. I opened up messaging, clicked on the new message button, then clicked on the button for contacts next to the "Enter recipient" box. This gives me all of my contacts associated with my gmail account HUNDREDS of emails address. I really don't need spammers and phishing accounts in my contact list ;) So I go to contacts, settings and check only show contacts with numbers. This isn't even how I want my contact list, I have contacts in there that are email only but I figured this would get rid of all of those email contacts, nope.

So, how do I show ONLY the contacts that I've added? No contacts from email I've send/received... Also, I prefer not to have to install an app, this is the only time I'm going to do this and installing/learning/uninstalling an app doesn't sound very efficient.

This is so frustrating :/

Thanks a ton and sorry again if this is in the wrong place.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch