Jelly Bean Issues After Update

kloos

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
has anyone else had this and gotten it resolved? i'm having the same issue using widgetlocker and a pin unlock thats required by school for exchange access. before the jb update i was able to set it to not lock the phone for ~15 minutes after it timed out, and it would just give me my normal widgetlocker lock screen. if i hit the home button to either turn the screen on, or from the lock screen, nothing would happen. once it was off for the 15 minutes the pin would be required once i got past the widgetlocker screen.

now a press of the home button will take me straight to my launcher even if the screen was off as long as the timer for the pin requirement hasnt gone off.

Hey, the only thing that seems to fix it is enabling S Voice and checking the "open via the home key" box. I'm not willing to deal with the home key lag in that case, though.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just tried Bluetooth for the first time since getting the update. Bluetooth drops intermittently when connected to my 2010Audi A4. Has anybody else's had any problem with Bluetooth dropping intermittently? I've Googled this and others with this problem when JB first game out but no fixes were mentioned. Anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the stock messaging app. I am using go SMS Pro and there is a pop up for every text message.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Me. Doesn't really work. No biggie, but still.

All things considered, this is an awesome update. I love jellybean.

You have to pinch your finger and thumb to close and pinch open your finger and thumb to expand. Works great for me.

jasondec72#AC

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have two complaints:

1. Battery Life is horrible. (I've even did a factory reset on it and I'm still having horrible battery life)
2. The phone is getting really hot. When I had ICS it only got hot if I was using it for 30 mins or so. Now, I can just be using it for 5 mins and it gets hot. (Hotter than it ever did with ICS. Factory reset didn't fix this issue either)

SanjaySee

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Issue with bluetooth and my 2007 Infiniti G35. Basically the phone pairs fine, but when you make a call all you get is garbled noise. It's like the signal is being over-amplified before being encoded for transfer and all that gets transferred is noise. Talked to Verizon tech support and there's no current fix. Will need to either live with it or have them send me a phone with the earlier software version. Anyone else experience this?

There's another thread on this issue here http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s-iii/225496-jelly-bean-update-bluetooth-calling-issue.html#post2442492

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have two complaints:

1. Battery Life is horrible. (I've even did a factory reset on it and I'm still having horrible battery life)
2. The phone is getting really hot. When I had ICS it only got hot if I was using it for 30 mins or so. Now, I can just be using it for 5 mins and it gets hot. (Hotter than it ever did with ICS. Factory reset didn't fix this issue either)

Thanks for update... I was considering factory reset or at minimum clearing the cache. Good to know it doesn't always help. Hope you get it worked out.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I'm hating about it, is that when I send texts, it stopped auto correcting. Like when I type I'm, it'll stick with im.

Yes, I see texting issues. The keyboard seems to generate suggestions instead of auto-correcting what I type regardless of any settings I change. I called VZ and they transferred me to Samsung who told me that was a change in Jelly Bean. RIDICULOUS!! I downloaded Super Keyboard (free) from the App Store and it seems to be great so far.

Also I have issues with Bluetooth in my '07 G35x. The phone pairs and connects but the audio is like an ANDROID robot voice. They said I have to have Infiniti update my Bluetooth software in the car.... RIDICULOUS AGAIN!
Yeah it sucks. I made a thread about this too, and someone posted they removed it (for whatever reason, I have no clue)

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I stopped the "Simple Alarm Clock" app from running, don't remember exactly what I needed to do, disable or uninstall it. Or just stop it and clear its data.

But the "email" app still continues to run, even though I never use it, an annoying mystery. I'm also seeing a "VZWAPN" app running, but I'm not sure what it does, so I'm just leaving it for the moment.

The Verizon Voicemail app comes up every once in a while, though I don't use that at all, either. I can stop it for a while, but it's one of the ones that always comes back sooner or later. I'm using Google Voice for voicemail, so it's annoying to see that running, but it was doing that before the update. I try to ignore it *smile*.

I haven't seen the "email" app running since this morning, so either it has stopped running for some reason, or I haven't run the application that causes it to run today. Not sure which is the correct answer, time will tell.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone elses SG3 hemorrhaging battery juice for no aparent reason since the update?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This seemed to me like a fairly minor upgrade in terms of usable functionality. I did have one or two minor issues with it. The most annoying one was folders - when you open a folder it says folder open. Close it, it says folder closed. No, it's not the accessibility settings - I changed all the settings I could find and none fixed it. What DID fix it was uninstalling light flow, which sucks since I love light flow. I got around THAT by installing Holo Launcher HD and used IT'S folders - JB doesn't whinge at me about them, so that's cool. I also installed Holo Locker, and now I have the cool lock screen rather than the lame Samsung one. It's possible the problem was there on 4.0, but I was using Apex Launcher and it's folders there. Carping - Why after this many iterations of Android don't we have the option to create a denser screen grid and dock? I shouldn't have to download an add-on to get that.

Also, coming off Blackberry the notification system seems woefully primitive, buggy and clunky. Come on, Android. Get with it. I truly cannot wait for the new BB10 handset. Some features of this phone make me want to go back to my 9930. Even now, no one handles messaging - SMS, MMS and email - anywhere near as well as Blackberry. If that was all I wanted to do, I'd go back to BB in a heartbeat.

My ideal phone - messaging and alerts from BB. Add the BB keyboard and the pure class of the 9930. Scientific and file sharing apps from iOS. Customization from Android. NOW we have something. Please oh great god of handsets - breathe new life into RIM. They are ideally positioned to create this phone for me - a great new OS, that BB heritage, the knowledge gained from watching where other systems are falling short, and a clean slate.

I tried to use the backup assistant thing, but it just sat there telling me it was uploading pics and stuff, and never, ever said it was done. Turns out it was lying about backing up and I lost them all off the phone. Fortunately I had copied them to my computer before starting.

I did not have battery discharge rate issues. Battery life seems about the same. An uneventful upgrade that I could have easily blown off and never missed. If you are happy with 4.0, don't be in a rush, or even don't bother at all. You won't suddenly be in Android heaven with this update - you will just be in a very slightly different neighborhood of the old home town, where you will meet everyone you already know.

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Huge improvements with this update. The best thing to do to cure all your glitches is to do a factory reset.

zimmedl

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am hopeful someone will have an answer. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed with ICS. Never ONE problem with ICS and now with JB everything is in question. I did a total factory reset, took the battery out for 40 minutes before I replaced it, drained the battery to 15% and then charged fully. Re-installed my apps and other files. My phone still is not working correctly. Apps seem to work briefly after a reboot but then working again -- apps like file managers, video players etc.; not all apps --- email is working, internet is working etc. Not sure if battery life has gotten better or not but it really does not matter if I can't depend on my apps to work. I read about doing a clear cache procedure but could not get it to do what the poster was suggesting. Any thoughts from anyone else out there? I wish I could go back to ICS.

Jmess82

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Everything runs great for me sense the update, minus Batter Life. Standby time batter life is fine, no change but as soon as I do anything with it I feel like the battery drops double what it used to. Other then that The voice search is awesome and the phone seems to run a little better with Nova Launcher, and I really like the changes to to the Notification menu.

jasondec72#AC

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Here is my battery from this morning. I rebooted the phone before charging it last night and have not even opened Maps this morning!! Whats up?
2012-12-17%2009.02.22.png

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am getting the same thing on mine and it is killing my battery it is google maps, I think there is a problem with it ever since the update. On Friday night it said my phone stayed awake for 1hr and 30 mins just from maps. So yesterday I uninstalled all updates from maps since you can't uninstall app since its a system app and so far seems to be better and doesn't show up in battery list anymore. Problem is now the google play wants me to update it every time i go in there. I assume a lot of people are seeing this problme, but are just not thinking it could be the maps. Any help with fixing this would be greatly appreciated.!!!!

Here is my battery from this morning. I rebooted the phone before charging it last night and have not even opened Maps this morning!! Whats up?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1180709/2012-12-17 09.02.22.png

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with my battery life. Maps is running a lot and keeping my phone awake for long periods of time. Yesterday, I didn't go anywhere (I was working on my house) and didn't use my phone for probably more than 10 minutes the entire day. I did not open Maps at all. By the evening, my batter was down to about 30% and Maps was #2 on the list for battery usage. I hope this gets sorted out soon. I, otherwise, love the JB improvements.

-SR-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo