Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Patrick Barrett

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. I found that solution this morning, as well. I think the Jelly Bean update turned it on by default (it did not used to be on). I turned it off this morning, recharged and then rebooted my phone (to start with a clean battery usage graph). I am happy to report that my maps usage is now showing to be virtually "zero" (I actually used it once for a location-based search) and my battery usage is more in line with what it was before the update.

-SR-

But is that going to affect Google Now, or does that use the navigation system to find your location?

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Not really a problem, more of an inconvenience. Stock music controls not showing up on lock screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Blennidae

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess the gray notification bar is a standard part of JB. I looked at a buddies Sprint GS3 running JB and its the same. I thought it might have just been Verizon. Not a big fan of the gray.

mwm10620

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Have not had noticeable battery problems.
Really miss the msg notification bubble on lock screen.
Some things seem more "buttery smooth" but when holding the home button it takes a lot longer to bring up open apps to kill or multitask.
Glitch/flickering when scrolling or playing some games.
TouchWiz kept unexpectedly stopping when trying to delete an empty page but got that fixed by changing animation speed ( not sure why that fixed it ), BUT now when opening an app folder its really slow like the animation speed is on 10 no matter what i set it on. REALLY ANNOYING
And I REALLY miss the msg notification bubble.
And I thought we were going to be able to swipe directly from taking a picture to the picture gallery, or was that just for the nexus or something?

gonzo2186

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Since the update, my music library has been screwed up. The music is there, but everything minus the titles of tracks (tracks are labeled differently) are labeled as <unknown>. I deleted the music, re-uploaded and same thing.

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
help me my aol email telling me to my password has changed but it has not and i changed it thinking it would help but it did not. would not let me delete email account so i could re add it again.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Not really a problem, more of an inconvenience. Stock music controls not showing up on lock screen.

I have the stock Music Player added to the lock screen. Are you having an issue with the controls not showing up on the lock screen when the Music Player is active and in use?

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
@ dog5000, yes when I'm playing music the controls don't show up on lock screen. How did you do it?

gettdancin

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY miss the bubble notifications on the lock screen.
Everytime I lose service and I'm using wifi, the wifi will disconnect and reconnect again. It never did that before.
I also don't like how there is no option to remove the callback number from received text messages.

Chetan SB

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well i was searching for this Forum from the time i updated ma phone to JB.
To start with all that was supposed to be overcome(butter effect, smooth scrolling, super fast navigation etc...) has increased.
I have seen ma phone drastically slowdown and it takes approx 4 seconds to open up call logs or message logs.
I did a factory restet too. It resolved the issue for about 20 mins. Later same pain.
I thought there was some problem with ma phone but friend of mine who had S3 too updated it same day and guess what, he calls me and logs the same issue.
processor consumption is bad. it is always 700mb or more consumption. I have the basic apps and nothing additional in my phone, still it is slower than basic android phones.
I liked ICS better and faster. God some one please help us.
:mad:

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well i was searching for this Forum from the time i updated ma phone to JB.
To start with all that was supposed to be overcome(butter effect, smooth scrolling, super fast navigation etc...) has increased.
I have seen ma phone drastically slowdown and it takes approx 4 seconds to open up call logs or message logs.
I did a factory restet too. It resolved the issue for about 20 mins. Later same pain.
I thought there was some problem with ma phone but friend of mine who had S3 too updated it same day and guess what, he calls me and logs the same issue.
processor consumption is bad. it is always 700mb or more consumption. I have the basic apps and nothing additional in my phone, still it is slower than basic android phones.
I liked ICS better and faster. God some one please help us.
:mad:

Another vote for ICS.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
@ dog5000, yes when I'm playing music the controls don't show up on lock screen. How did you do it?

I can't get it to work either. Can get the player shortcut on the lock screen, but that's it. There's a feature in Accessories to enable audio applications in the quick panel, but that's not helping for the lock screen. I know many of the popular music apps on the Play store do support lock screen awareness and control, but I quit using them under ICS as they were randomly crashing. Not sure if that was an ICS artifact or a problem with the third party players. I'm going to try some of those soon as the lock screen controls are a nice feature.

swindelljd

May 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife received the update and the contacts feature stopped working. This in turn caused the phone app and Google voice apps to no longer work. Our google contacts would also no longer sync for any of our accounts. Not sure which thing was the cause and which was the effect but the end state was a non-functional device. I tried 3 factory resets (just in case the first two didn't work) and they had no effect.

I know for sure the our google accounts sync fine on ICS and other variants of Jelly Bean (Nexus 7 and Dinc Evervolv versions) so it's clearly an issue with the VZW SG III JB variant.

Called Verizon and they shipped a replacement device which is still on ICS so all is back to normal. At least until Verizon decides to push the Jelly Bean update to our phones again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty