Issues copying files to external SD card

Heavygain

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I searched for awhile and couldn't come up with any that quite fit what is going on. First of all, I am rooted and running 4.1.1 from the no wipe stock rom found via the xda verizon gs3 forums. Basically, when I try to transfer files either from my pc or from my internal sd to the external sd, it will suddenly change from r/w to r/o and the transfer will fail if I'm in root explorer, say "the device is no longer attached" and fail on my pc, or transfer the files but in the case of audio parts of some the songs are mixed with slices from other songs. I have no issues transfering files to my internal SD, only the external. It is also of note that the audio files are perfectly fine on my computer. Even if I try to transfer the files via wi-fi, google drive, or drop box to my external sd it will fail.

Perhaps my external sd is defective? Maybe I need to return to stock and start from scratch? Obviously I would like to avoid the latter which is why I am posting this, but if it must be done it shall be. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I searched for awhile and couldn't come up with any that quite fit what is going on. First of all, I am rooted and running 4.1.1 from the no wipe stock rom found via the xda verizon gs3 forums. Basically, when I try to transfer files either from my pc or from my internal sd to the external sd, it will suddenly change from r/w to r/o and the transfer will fail if I'm in root explorer, say "the device is no longer attached" and fail on my pc, or transfer the files but in the case of audio parts of some the songs are mixed with slices from other songs. I have no issues transfering files to my internal SD, only the external. It is also of note that the audio files are perfectly fine on my computer. Even if I try to transfer the files via wi-fi, google drive, or drop box to my external sd it will fail.

Perhaps my external sd is defective? Maybe I need to return to stock and start from scratch? Obviously I would like to avoid the latter which is why I am posting this, but if it must be done it shall be. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

It sounds like a corrupt sdcard. Do you have an sdcard adapter?. Have you tried pulling out the card then checking connecntions
From my Galax4 Note 2 via Tapa

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I do not have an adapter, I'll try a different SD card and see how that goes.

Just connect your phone and drag the files to the pc. Then swap cards then connect your phone again and drag it into the new card

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk