Screen protector

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I got a black s3 a week before Christmas. When I was coming to work I had a co-worker bring in a screen protector and I would give him one of mine that I ordered from Amazon when they came in. When I put it on the protector looks great except for on the edges around the protector. Not sticking to the screen. He asked me to put one on his phone, Sprint pebble blue, and it looks great. No flaws. Friday I went to put one of my new ones on and it did the same thing as before. My question is the Verizon s3 different from Sprint? Bc this doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You used the Verizon branded screen protectors? The screens on the two devices are the same. I use SGP screen protectors and never an issue. You do have to select a screen protector that is "case friendly" - meaning it is cut a bit short so a slide on case will work. This is the only time I've had the screen protector peel up along the edges.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You used the Verizon branded screen protectors? The screens on the two devices are the same. I use SGP screen protectors and never an issue. You do have to select a screen protector that is "case friendly" - meaning it is cut a bit short so a slide on case will work. This is the only time I've had the screen protector peel up along the edges.

They are case friendly. And no not the Verizon brand. Some off of Amazon. They work great on my buddies Sprint s3 but look horrible on mine.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I really suspect that the problem is in the prep. Before installing the protector you have to clean the screen very carefully. I have a Verizon S3 (which I did not get from Verizon) and then I purchased a screen protector on eBay and then had Verizon install the protector and they asked zero questions and there was no charge.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I really suspect that the problem is in the prep. Before installing the protector you have to clean the screen very carefully. I have a Verizon S3 (which I did not get from Verizon) and then I purchased a screen protector on eBay and then had Verizon install the protector and they asked zero questions and there was no charge.

Not the prep. Clean it completely. I sit in the sunlight to make sure not even a speck of dear is on it. Plus if it was prep then why only on my device. Not my buddies. And I've put his on everyone for him.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so you don't think it is the prep. I still don't see why you wouldn't take it to Verizon have them do it and show them the problem. They install them all the time and they might have seen problems like yours before

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo