Picture Orientation Issue

gonzo2186

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I noticed recently that when saving pictures to both Dropbox and my laptop, that the pictures are saved in a weird orientation. I have to manually rotate some pictures so that they aren't upside-down, orientated left/right. Now it wouldn't be an such a pain in the a** to do that, but when I do "fix" them, they are resized differently and look like crap.

They look fine on the phone itself, but once downloaded they rotate/change size for some reason. Has anyone been seing this?

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea, and same thing with instagram.. When the picture uploads its rotated 90 degrees

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife had this issue the other night. She took the picture right side up and when she went back through her gallery to upload some pics to Facebook, a couple were upside down. We just flipped them and they worked. Not sure if that's a similar issue to what you were having, or not.

ottomatictom

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe that you have to take the picture in landscape, kind of like a real camera. Ever since I started doing this all my pictures I upload to instagram show up normal and not sideways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699