Severe Battery Drainage. Any ideas???

mk51

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had my SGSIII for over a month now with no problems and I LOVE IT! My phone has been a BEAST when it comes to 'phone standby'. This past Sunday and Monday, it lasted 2 full days and then some! I barely touched it for those days. Normally every time I unplug it from the charger and don't even use it, the battery will drain 95-85% within a 6-8 hour period. My phone is stock Jellybean 4.1.1. I have mobile data on (3G only, I have the LTE radio turned off), wifi off, Bluetooth off, background data off, auto-sync off, no apps open, nothing running in the background what-so-ever. Just sitting there!

The past two days I haven't even touched/used it, same settings as I had but with the mobile data off. The battery drained down 65-55% within the 6-8 hour period!! I have no clue why it is doing that! I did have 'Alarms' turned on but I don't think it would be the culprit. Maybe it's an app that I recently updated, but I don't know!! I did a battery pull see if that does anything. I took a screenshot of battery usage and notice that it was being "Awake". I have no clue why my phone would be awake when I didn't even touch/use it all day and with no apps running at all. Anyone have any ideas because I stumped! :-$

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-24-18-31-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-24-18-31-55.png
    131 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2013-01-24-18-31-47.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-24-18-31-47.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 42

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had my SGSIII for over a month now with no problems and I LOVE IT! My phone has been a BEAST when it comes to 'phone standby'. This past Sunday and Monday, it lasted 2 full days and then some! I barely touched it for those days. Normally every time I unplug it from the charger and don't even use it, the battery will drain 95-85% within a 6-8 hour period. My phone is stock Jellybean 4.1.1. I have mobile data on (3G only, I have the LTE radio turned off), wifi off, Bluetooth off, background data off, auto-sync off, no apps open, nothing running in the background what-so-ever. Just sitting there!

The past two days I haven't even touched/used it, same settings as I had but with the mobile data off. The battery drained down 65-55% within the 6-8 hour period!! I have no clue why it is doing that! I did have 'Alarms' turned on but I don't think it would be the culprit. Maybe it's an app that I recently updated, but I don't know!! I did a battery pull see if that does anything. I took a screenshot of battery usage and notice that it was being "Awake". I have no clue why my phone would be awake when I didn't even touch/use it all day and with no apps running at all. Anyone have any ideas because I stumped! :-$

Looks like you are in a low signal area based on the fact that you have the Exclamation point in the status bar and the fact that Mobile network signal is solid .
Try this
settings>more>mobile networks>Network mode>set it to LTE/CDMA>Reboot

mk51

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I am aware that I'm in a low signal area. Even with me in the low signal area, it would still have decent battery drainage like I stated. The 'Exclamation point thingy' in the status bar is telling me that the background data is off when using mobile data. Still, it would have decent battery drainage like I stated.

I'll shall try this and see if it works. I'll know tomorrow after work. Thanks!! :D

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
My guess is that you have an app that's trying to update to pull data, and as you have mobile data turned off, it just keeps running and running and trying to pull data but can't. Again, just a guess, who knows? That certainly isn't expected behavior, but would explain the battery drain.

mk51

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
It's back to normal. I found the problem was 'Abode Flash Player'. I downloaded a back verison of it the night before I started seeing the drain. Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty