Vibrate mode won't stay on!

iowaberg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Over the past several weeks, I've been having trouble keeping my vibrate turned "on". I turn Ringtone, Media, Notifications, and System to vibrate. Most times, I will use my vibrate widget on my home screen, and other times, I will use my volume rocker to turn down to vibrate. What happens is, all of the sounds go back to what they were before. Sometimes, it will turn off after only a few seconds, and other times, I'll hear it when the phone is sitting idle with the screen turned off. What's even more odd, it only seems to do this while I'm at work. At home, I don't seem to experience this.
I really want to fix this, so I don't have to be sitting in a meeting at work, and worry about getting a text or call, and the phone go off loudly in front of everyone.
I've tried to uninstall apps that may be doing this, but no luck.

Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts?

tjoebgen

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, Iowa, you aren't alone. I noticed right after the bad update from Verizon that my volume was never where it should be. I, too, keep my phone on vibrate for everything except playing music (usually via BluTooth). Ever since that bad update, I will find that my phone has switched to the lowest ringer volume -- one notch above vibrate. It is so random and I have yet to pin it down to an event, a time, or a place.
However, I have recently noticed that it has started to make a mini-vibrate notification at a certain time of day. Twice it has done this at 11pm, and once was this morning at 9am. All 3 times I noticed that the ringer was not on vibrate anymore. I assume that the 2 issues are related since they both started after that update.
I'm hoping others see this and chime in too.

tjoebgen

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
lol - as nearly ALWAYS happens with me, as soon as I send a message like this, I find at least a partial solution.

Scanning other forums, someone suggested that an app like PowerAmp may be doing it. Well, I use to have PowerAmp on my previous phone but not my GS3, but I looked anyway. I do have a program called Power Schedule Basic, and this is the second time now that I've had mysterious "new" issues pop up that it turned out to be Power Schedule Basic's fault. I've had this program for almost as long as I've had this phone (a year) but it must have been a recent update of the app that has turned on things that I would never set -- such as the Ring Profile Schedule where it has it going on/off Vibrate at 11pm and 9am!

I almost never accept app updates unless I've been having trouble with it. But the bad update from Verizon included a prompt box about updating software automatically, and I didn't realize it was for ALL APPS when I selected it. 3 hours later, every app on my was updated, my battery was nearly drained, and it ate up a lot of my bandwidth for the month. THEN the mysterious problems started.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal