S Voice when connected to Car Bluetooth

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way that i can still use S Voice when my SGS3 is connected to the Bluetooth system in my 2012 Ford Explorer? When I try the phone can't hear me...but if I choose for example Google Maps or Navigation the phone hears me fine to look up the address or be told where to navigate.
Do I change a setting or something?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Google Now to see if that voice recognition works through your car via bluetooth?
I can't count the number of threads about the S3 and car bluetooth issues...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
As I mentioned in original post, Google-based apps seem to work fine including Navigation when I search for destinations by voice. Have not tried Google Now...didn;t really realize there was a voice component to it..thought it was just the 'cards' that pop up showing 'time to home' and 'weather' etc. Will give it a try and post back.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't get s voice to work but it will work on the audio player to skip tracks and stuff. It is totally random.

Kettlebelle7

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. And no, even with Google Now, I tap on the mic and it cannot hear me if I'm connected to my car bluetooth. Has this problem been answered anywhere yet? I'm not finding the solution on the forums so far. Of all the places for S Voice and even Google Now's voice command to not be working, in the car is not one of them!!!!

qmeans2

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Im having this same issue, when I press the microphone button in Google Now, my car acts like I am making a phone call. Then music and everything else is distorted until I disconnect bluetooth and reconnect. However, pushing the microphone in any other google app works just fine