Getting Rid Of CALLER NAME ID

charlevoix

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this will possibly remove it from your phone but you will have to call the service provider and cancel the subscription for the ID or you will be charged for it regardless of whether or not it's on the phone. Which is $2-2.99 a month.

dcamjones

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have that either....I went to the App and clicked "End Trial". Then go to App Manager and Force Stop...it removed it from my phone at that point. Note 3

Modette99

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep like everyone this App popped up as soon as I did the update to my S4. Looks like a good app and useful on the few calls I got that came in while I had this on. But out of principle I don't like how they forced it down our throats when it's a pay to use app. Maybe Verizon should add it FREE to stand out over their competition, just a thought. I mean that is how caller ID should work by telling you who is calling. $36.00 a yea, I can live without it and the normal ID features we are all used too. I don't know the number it can go to voicemail. Anyone important will leave a message. I guess if I was dodging bill collectors or a stalker the $36 might be worth it to me.

Also like other i had no remove option. No matter how many restarts the app is still listed under Turned Off apps. Which is okay by me phone snow have so much memory/storage it takes no room. I'm guessing the OP has a rooted phone. I used to do the root deal, but that was when storage was always an issue. Now it's not.

eric357

May 31, 2015
Visit site
These instructions worked for me. Thank you!

Did anyone else think it strange that the application offers to show you the *picture* of the person calling? Does that mean if I call a new contact who has this application it will show them my picture? Where, pray tell, do they get my picture? I did not have to give Verizon Wireless my picture to get an account so I am mystified... and very curious.

katinfoco

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
installed on my LG G3 also, but there is no app to uninstall (?)

help! using data and battery....not a verizon customer, using consumer cellular (AT&T network)

katinfoco

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

katinfoco

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Philly Thrill

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
This fix was short lived; "caller name ID" is back and using as much battery as my screen. Can't seem to find answers to where this came from or how to delete it.

This is a virus app. It installed itself on my phone At&t HTC. I read the t&c's and can't believe this is even legal. It will take ALL your private and personal info and use it anyway they want.
There is no way to uninstall it.was able to disable it.
WTF - This is invasion of privacy.

Backus312

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
As many of you have noticed that just got the new update, Verizon added a new app called CALLER NAME ID that is a service that will cost $2.99 a month after a 10 day trial period. Somehow when I clicked on it and it started the trial period, but there is good news you can opt out and delete the app.

1. Make sure mobile data is on and open the CALLER NAME ID app.
2. Go to ACCOUNT TOOLS and check your STATUS. If it says to SUBSCRIBE then that means that you have not been signed up for the service yet and simply hit the back
key and hit REMOVE APPLICATION.
3. If you see under your status that you have X amount of days left in your trial period then that means you have been signed up for the trial period. In this case just
unsubscribe and confirm, then hit the back key and hit REMOVE APPLICATION.
If you disabled the app then just enable it and remove.

In my case I was subscribed to the trial period and was able to opt out and remove app from my phone and did not see it in the app tray or ALL APPS list, but somehow after a few minutes I seen that my 4G icon popped back up so I checked my running apps and sure enough CALLER NAME ID was running again even though I removed it.
All I did was restart my phone and it appears to be gone now.

I don't think this works with LG Escape 2 AT&T phones. I don't have the option for "account tools" or an option to remove app. All I have is an ABLE/DISABLE app option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress