Samsungs 'Caller ID and spam protection' . . . ?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
. . vs. the additional choice of 'Hiya': "Use Hiya to identify spam and scam callers as well as other callers who aren't in you contacts." w/button switch for: "Block spam and scam calls" — "Privacy notice" — " Hiya's privacy policy" —"Hiya's Terms of service" ?... (under the settings path below)

Is the Samsung 'Caller ID and spam protection' . . under: Settings > Apps > Samsung app settings > Call settings > Caller ID and spam protection . . . typically good enough?

S23+
Xfinity Mobile

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
. . vs. the additional choice of 'Hiya': "Use Hiya to identify spam and scam callers as well as other callers who aren't in you contacts." w/button switch for: "Block spam and scam calls" — "Privacy notice" — " Hiya's privacy policy" —"Hiya's Terms of service" ?... (under the settings path below)

Is the Samsung 'Caller ID and spam protection' . . under: Settings > Apps > Samsung app settings > Call settings > Caller ID and spam protection . . . typically good enough?

S23+
Xfinity Mobile
That path doesn't seem to exist for me on OneUI 6 beta, so if you plan on upgrading the question may be moot.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Phone app > 3 dots upper right hand > settings > caller ID and spam protection (I'm on 6 beta, too)
Yeah, I know that's still there. I was talking about the path winmod mentioned, because they seem to think it's a different service and I wanted to confirm if that was the case or not.

Do you find anything if you follow the path they posted?

EDIT: Just checked a different phone, and it is the same setting. OP, the main difference I noticed with hiya turned on is that Uber Eats drivers can't reach me. I don't get a lot of spam calls though.

Last edited:

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I know that's still there. I was talking about the path winmod mentioned, because they seem to think it's a different service and I wanted to confirm if that was the case or not.

Do you find anything if you follow the path they posted?

EDIT: Just checked a different phone, and it is the same setting. OP, the main difference I noticed with hiya turned on is that Uber Eats drivers can't reach me. I don't get a lot of spam calls though.
I didn't find anything from that path. Also, I don't bother with Uber Eats, so Hiya works great. 😉

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
~
It doesn't look like the same setting, but rather, that 'Hiya' looks like a third party extension/app to me. That's why I asked; since under the Samsung 'Caller ID and spam protection'... there's already an on/off switch, under 'Call settings'.

But with 'Hiya'... there's another on/off switch, plus all this stuff:
"Hiya to identify spam and scam callers as well as other callers who aren't in you contacts." w/button switch for: "Block spam and scam calls" — "Privacy notice" — " Hiya's privacy policy" —"Hiya's Terms of service"

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't look like the same setting, but rather, that 'Hiya' looks like a third party extension/app to me. That's why I asked; since under the Samsung 'Caller ID and spam protection'... there's already an on/off switch, under 'Call settings'.

But with 'Hiya'... there's another on/off switch, plus all this stuff:
"Hiya to identify spam and scam callers as well as other callers who aren't in you contacts." w/button switch for: "Block spam and scam calls" — "Privacy notice" — " Hiya's privacy policy" —"Hiya's Terms of service"
I meant the two paths to get to that settings page lead to the same setting. And then I said what I had noticed with hiya turned on versus hiya turned off.

With it turned on it will also attempt to give you the name of someone that's calling

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I meant the two paths to get to that settings page lead to the same setting. And then I said what I had noticed with hiya turned on versus hiya turned off.

With it turned on it will also attempt to give you the name of someone that's calling
Right. And like I said, 🙄, in my OP, for anyone who might happen know, is the "Caller ID and spam protection . . . typically good enough?"

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's pretty good u can choose between only high risk spam or regular .
aa43645215aa75a8d6c758d0ef400d31.jpg

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Right. And like I said, , in my OP, for anyone who might happen know, is the "Caller ID and spam protection . . . typically good enough?"
Why are you rolling your eyes at me when I'm just trying to help?

It's good enough for me without hiya turned on. How am I supposed to know if it's good enough for you though? Turn it on and figure it out.