Verizon Galaxy S3 won't connect via USB to my computer

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: S3 won't connect via USB to my computer

Welcome to the forums!
same problem with my s3
Which 'same' problem are you referring to? There's over 150 other posts prior to yours, many of them with different problems. Perhaps you could start by describing YOUR problem, what you've already tried, as well as some basic information (phone model number, carrier, etc).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

miztigerluv

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have read the posts about getting my S3 to connect to my laptop but it may as well be written in Greek, I don't understand. Make sure the drivers are installed where? on the phone or the laptop? I just want to connect the phone so that I can get all of the pictures and videos off so that I can free up space. It's almost completely full because I can't get it to connect. I went to the Sprint store and the guy "debugged" the usb, whatever that means and said that would solve my problem, but it didn't. Before the debugging I got an error message about the USB device, now I have nothing! It's like it doesn't exist, but it does charge the phone. Please tell me how to make this stupid thing work, because I'm really just tired of dealing with it.

sguidos

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
On my GS3 with Android v4.3 OS, the *#22745927 code does not work. Instead, to turn on hidden menus / options, you need to root and edit a config file per this thread:

forum.xda-developers . com / showthread.php?t=2514177

You need to manually construct the URL above, adding the http and removing the spaces; this silly site won't let me post links :-(

cyberkeeper1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
i have a problem directly related to the firmware upgrade. did a FULL wipe TAR file for 4.4.2 and i was on 4.3, which on that worked fine. now, nothing... on any computer, any cable, anywhere. sound FAMILIAR!!?? with device manager in windows open, i watch to see if there is a list refresh, which always happen if a device is inserted or removed, plus the sound it makes. never happens. i have drivers installed and have flashed other phones, but my own will not connect from the fully booted state. I should also mention that the USB connection DOES WORK in ODIN mode. hence being able to reflash the ROM. THIS ERROR IS A ROM-BASED ISSUE(PHONE-SIDE SOFTWARE), but unfortunately i have no fix. please, if there is a fix, i'd love to know. thanks.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
That is because a lot of cables that come with chargers, especially chargers that output more than 500 milliamps (.5 amps), have the data pins shorted out so the device can pull more than 500 milliamps from the charger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

My S3 is almost 2 years old and this problem just happened today. The first thing i tried was rebooting my phone which didn't work. Then i decided to use the charger for my Samsung Tab4 and the phone connected to my PC (Dell / Vista) as normal.
I think what FishenFool says best explains the problem (at least in my case). About a year ago, the Samsung S3 charger had to be replaced because one of the connection prongs had fallen out and charging the phone took a very very long time to charge. I went to Verizon and they gave me a new (Verizon brand) charger because my phone was still under warranty. Now the charger seems to be the culprit again, albeit for a different problem. Go figure.:confused:

Susan Clark2

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: MacBook Pro won't recognize my Alcatel One Touch Fierce

My Alcatel One-Touch Fierce is not listed in the device menu on my MacBook Pro/Mac OS X 10.6.4 when I plug it in...can you please help?

Thanks!

Susan

BobNeese

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the exact same issue. Tried phone on 2 different computers and there is no recognition of a USB connection. I tried the power down/download procedure and didn't notice any thing at all. Verizon says the phone is up to date, not sure about "samsung drivers"; how would I check that?

BobNeese

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Finally got mine to work by turning the phone off and removing the battery for 30 seconds then put it back and booted up and plugged it in to my computer and it worked.

drbossman3721

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I bought my S3 used the other day, and the only problem I am having with it is that it won't connect to my computer via USB. Can you believe it?
Anyway, I am using a genuine Verizon data cable, I have the drivers installed from Samsung's website, I have "USB Debugging Mode" enabled, I have tried the "Download Mode", but neither my computer nor my phone does anything, other than charge the phone. Does anybody actually know the root of the issue (no pun intended) and how to fix it? Thanks.

(My computer is a HP Envy x360 running Windows 8.1 - I highly recommend it for any other college students out there)

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought my S3 used the other day, and the only problem I am having with it is that it won't connect to my computer via USB. Can you believe it?
Anyway, I am using a genuine Verizon data cable, I have the drivers installed from Samsung's website, I have "USB Debugging Mode" enabled, I have tried the "Download Mode", but neither my computer nor my phone does anything, other than charge the phone. Does anybody actually know the root of the issue (no pun intended) and how to fix it? Thanks.

(My computer is a HP Envy x360 running Windows 8.1 - I highly recommend it for any other college students out there)

The Verizon USB cable could be the problem. It's the reason my phone wouldn't connect to my computer. Luckily I have a Samsung tablet. I used the USB cable from the tablet to connect my phone to my computer and it worked like normal.

cookiejohnkrahn

May 9, 2015
Visit site

I just about tore my hair out trying to fix this problem. USB worked for a while, until it *didn't* work.
I found these specific instructions on another forum after getting a tip...
Here is my solution:

Here are the Sprint Instructions:

Sprint SPH-L710 (Galaxy S III) and SPH-L900 (Note 2)

Open Dialer enter ##3424#
When PhoneUtil Opens Select PDA
Tap Qualacomm USB Setting
Select MTP+ADB
Tap OK

Cheers guys, I hope this helps. Good luck! :-*

Thanks a bunch! Fixed my problem. Much appreciated!

May 24, 2015
Visit site
omg...thanks..i have been working on this for almost 3 hours..had 2 chat sessions with samsung..the last one told me to reboot my pc which ends the chat session...really...honest...and it still didnt work..i checked here..all i needed to know is how to change the connection to mtp...should have been easy for them....your advice fixed it in 30 seconds..thanks so so much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87