What is this notification icon?

tinmannick

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this icon pop up in my status bar a few times recently and can't figure out what it is? I have looked in the owners manual and online and this notification is not shown anywhere. It is above the signal strength icon and looks like a little house with a wi-fi icon above it. Take a look at my screen shot attached. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-12-13-54-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-12-13-54-21.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 104

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
From what I've looked up, it indicates that you're connected to a Verizon Network Extender. Do you happen to have one in your home you're unaware about? They are primarily used for people that want to have Verizon Wireless service in their house, but there is no or very little network coverage in their area. They purchase the Network Extenders that hook up to their broadband connection and provide coverage for them. Someone in around you might have one of these extenders.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The screenshot didn't come through

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's the Network Extender icon. When you use the telephone feature on your device you'll hear a two-toned sound indicating that the call is being routed through the network Extender. If you just noticed the icon, your neighbor may have just installed one in his/her home. They have a range of roughly 60 feet or so.
uploadfromtaptalk1373656504216.jpg

tinmannick

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes! We did just add a network extender here at work. Our guys in the shop were getting terrible coverage so we bought the network extender from Verizon. Thanks for the info!

tinmannick

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, previous post is correct. It's called "One More Clock". Once you get it from the Play Store open the settings by clicking on the widget, click on widget theme and download all clocks (button at the bottom of screen. The clock I am using is called Chrome Rings.