- 1 Posts
Can't undo setting that switches between wifi and network
I recently changed a setting on my Galaxy 3 that (as I understood it) would switch from wifi to 3g/4g if the wifi signal became too weak or unstable.
I was prompted to change the setting while using an iffy wifi network. Thinking it sounded beneficial, I changed the setting but now I can't find any way to undo it.
This new setting, I suppose operates as advertised but the unintended effect is that if I am using an app or game that requires a constant connection, the switch will crash the app.
Thanks for the help!
- 04-24-2014, 11:58 AM #2
- 6,769 Posts
Re: Can't undo setting that switches between wifi and network
Welcome to the forums!
You can try this - go to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Application manager -> press the Menu button -> select 'Reset app preferences'.
Edit: or if I misunderstood and you're just referring to the setting that switches to mobile data when Wi-Fi is unstable, go to Settings -> Connections (if using the Tab view) -> Wi-Fi -> press the Menu button -> select Advanced -> uncheck 'Auto network switch' (note that mobile data must be turned on in order to access this setting).
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By polhallen in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 12-23-2014, 01:59 PM
- By adlebo in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 04-26-2014, 04:50 PM
- By jrb363 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 2Last Post: 04-25-2014, 11:29 PM
- By HarryDevice in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 04-25-2014, 02:13 AM
- By Victor Franklin in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 2Last Post: 04-24-2014, 11:24 AM