msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone app look any different to any of you? MIne seems exactly the same as in Jellybean
You're not crazy, it is the same phone app. I asked this question myself in another thread. Everyone agreed, it appeared the same for the Note 2. ☺

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
You're not crazy, it is the same phone app. I asked this question myself in another thread. Everyone agreed, it appeared the same for the Note 2. ☺

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Yes, apparently the new dialer is for Nexus and GPE phones only. I was able to sideload it, but it crashes all the time. I'm bummed about that, because the dialer was listed as a feature of KitKat, not the phones themselves.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Just got KitKat on my S3 and so far so good. The only thing I can see that I really hate right now is the new icons in the notification bar. I can't see them with the background I have

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the Google Camera app...another reason I was looking forward to KitKat. Too bad for me! Lens blur effect doesn't work. Tried it out on son's Moto X and it works beautifully. Oh, and he has the dialer. What the heck is going on here? Did we get the crappy version or something?

caddy197

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Whoever keeps saying "factory reset or wifi won't work" is wrong. Updated just fine and had no probs. Wifi works great.

Posted via Android Central App

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Download and install went fine. PDAnet, FoxFi, and WiFi working with no reset needed. One issue though - when plugged into a 2a charger and battery settings indicate charging AC rather than USB, getting a red X on the battery icon, although it still seems to be charging either way.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Whoever keeps saying "factory reset or wifi won't work" is wrong. Updated just fine and had no probs. Wifi works great.

Thousands of other people would disagree with you, including me. My WiFi was ghosted out. Did a factory reset, WiFi works again. Like I said, "Remember, folks, you will likely need to do a Factory Reset after installing this, or your WiFi will not work correctly. You've been warned!" - see that "likely"? That's based on the thousands of people who had this very issue. I didn't just pull it out of my @ss. I'm glad you didn't have the problem. You were lucky.

paswes

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I think that will be a separate rollout, if at all (does it have 1GB or 2GB of RAM?)

2 GB I think. It's not my phone so I don't truly know for sure. KITKAT didn't work all that wonderful in my Motorola droid razr m so I just wanted to know if/when I will have to check out her phone.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Can you connect and turn on WiFi?

I had no problems with being able to connect and turn on WiFi. However, I did do a factory reset as a precaution to make sure that everything works as it should. I learned that after the 4.3 Jelly Bean upgrade in December. The only thing that I dislike about KitKat so far is the color of the icons and sometimes being able to see them with the backgrounds that I use. I figure that there may be something in the settings that I can adjust to get this how I want it. To me, that's part of the fun with messing with the new OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty