Location issue

RCNunya1

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
OK, so this thing thinks I am in Chicago even though I am in Omaha.
Thank goodness at least it is the right timezone, but the fact that the front widget that can not be removed actually says Chicago kind of sucks. and the weather widget is showing me Chicago weather... Have tried restarting, switching to airplane mode and back, clearing the data in the actual clock and weather app in app settings, using it on wifi and not... I did a complete hard reset and it isn't helping. The Verizon tech said he contacted HTC and right as he started to say it, the gal said they are aware of the issue and working on a fix... well that's pretty scary considering how long it will take Verizon to actually implement it. Im starting to think this phone might not last the week. :(

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that every phone on VZ that isn't a Droid/Galaxy device is going to have problems. That's their way of getting you to get one of those devices instead. I've been to multiple VZ stores that said they were Sold Out of the HTC One. It's been like what 2 days?? How is that possible??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, so this thing thinks I am in Chicago even though I am in Omaha.
Thank goodness at least it is the right timezone, but the fact that the front widget that can not be removed actually says Chicago kind of sucks. and the weather widget is showing me Chicago weather... Have tried restarting, switching to airplane mode and back, clearing the data in the actual clock and weather app in app settings, using it on wifi and not... I did a complete hard reset and it isn't helping. The Verizon tech said he contacted HTC and right as he started to say it, the gal said they are aware of the issue and working on a fix... well that's pretty scary considering how long it will take Verizon to actually implement it. Im starting to think this phone might not last the week. :(

By, widget, do you mean Blinkfeed? Because every widget can be removed.

Are all your location services checked on?

Why not add your current location in the meantime?

RCNunya1

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes sorry, the top of the blinkfeed.
Yes all location services are turned on.
I did add my location, but even when I select it, it doesn't show up on the feed..

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had this device on sprint since the phone first came out. It was never able to get my city in the location spot for the HTC weather app... maybe once a week it would show the city when i was away from home, but 99% of the time it just said current location. i tried every reset, followed every thread on how to get it to work, but it NEVER did... Interestingly enough, i switched back to another phone, and as soon as the service was transferred to my new device, the Location immediately appeared on the phone, and never went away again.