Thoughts on the Vigor

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I think it looks absolutely beautiful and my only concerns are the performance and the battery life. At the same time I hope its not too thick I hope its at least thinner than the HTC Thunderbolt. Do you guys really think it will come out on Oct. 6 but it possibly is looking like that to me: Wifi Certification, Bluetooth Certification, picture leaks, roadmap leaks, inside info, pictures taken with camera, international retailers online, etc.

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks absolutely beautiful and my only concerns are the performance and the battery life. At the same time I hope its not too thick I hope its at least thinner than the HTC Thunderbolt. Do you guys really think it will come out on Oct. 6 but it possibly is looking like that to me: Wifi Certification, Bluetooth Certification, picture leaks, roadmap leaks, inside info, pictures taken with camera, international retailers online, etc.

I believe we will see it early october. The only thing i might not like is the thin 4.3' screen. Just like the evo 3d and sensation its thin and not wide. But other then that it looks nice.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I think it looks great as well, but until we see comformation I'm taking the specs with a grain of salt. It really looks like Verizon's version of the sensation.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am excited for this phone. I don't know much about the rumored specs or how they would compare to the OMAP 4430 and SGX 540 in the Bionic but after having my X replaced twice then even given an X2 I had Verizon give me an Incredible 2. It was my first HTC phone and I was so impressed with the overall well rounded performance compared to even the Tegra 2 in the X2 I am more than willing to stick with HTC over Moto.

I agree Motorola Hardware overall was a little nicer and more solid but I had so many issues with their software that HTC has won me over. I am not big on rooting and custom roms so I really like Sense being so well polished compared to Blur. I really like it more than I thought I would and I am intrigued by Beats integration also.

Reactions: RazorDroid

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the phones I am really looking forward to. This and the Nexus Prime are defiantly on my radar and hopefully they come out very soon so I can compare.

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I am excited for this phone. I don't know much about the rumored specs or how they would compare to the OMAP 4430 and SGX 540 in the Bionic but after having my X replaced twice then even given an X2 I had Verizon give me an Incredible 2. It was my first HTC phone and I was so impressed with the overall well rounded performance compared to even the Tegra 2 in the X2 I am more than willing to stick with HTC over Moto.

I agree Motorola Hardware overall was a little nicer and more solid but I had so many issues with their software that HTC has won me over. I am not big on rooting and custom roms so I really like Sense being so well polished compared to Blur. I really like it more than I thought I would and I am intrigued by Beats integration also.

I too came from Moto phones, and VZW let me warranty out a Droid 2 for the DINC 1, and I have been extremely impressed with HTC's overall feel, and build quality, and just the whole user experiennce. This phone looks to me what the DINC2 should have been. I am excited to see more of it in the months to come, as I am due for upgrade in February.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I too came from Moto phones, and VZW let me warranty out a Droid 2 for the DINC 1, and I have been extremely impressed with HTC's overall feel, and build quality, and just the whole user experiennce. This phone looks to me what the DINC2 should have been. I am excited to see more of it in the months to come, as I am due for upgrade in February.

I agree but disagree about the DInc2. I love my DInc2 and feel its a worthy successor to the original overall. You could say this is what the Thunderbolt should have been but I also thought that was a nice phone and this should be more than a worthy successor to the Tbolt.

The DInc2 is still an awesome phone for those not looking for 4G, dual core, or a 4.3" screen and I would still pick it over the X or X2 if given the choice all over again. The DInc2 is a very well well rounded device and feels well thought out and optimized. Certain things on my X felt half assed and other things just flat didn't work right. Nothing on the DInc2 makes me feel like its incomplete.

The battery on my DInc2 is much better than older HTC phones and it seams that way for the EVO3D and Sensation as well. I just hope the Vigor continues this trend and HTC continues to make strives forward with Beats integration and Sense 3.5

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I loved my DInc, I love my TBolt, and I know I will absolutely LOVE this phone! I picked a great time to be sitting on 2 upgrades...

I will be interested to see how battery life is on this thing. It can't possibly be any worse that the TBolt, but as Michael Scott says, "Somehow, I manage"

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If this phone has the 'Krait' processor than than I woudnt worry about how many cores it has. Id take that over a Nvida any day.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Is it even realistically possible for it to have the 'Krait' at this point? and still be released in Oct? I wouldn't mind waiting an extra month or 2 for it to be honest but at the same time I wouldn't mind the MSM8660 clocked at 1.5Ghz. I am not that knowledgeable about processors and know I read the MSM8660 is based on last year tech but it still sounds kind of beastly not to mention I am sure Sense will be well optimized for it either way.

I have read how the MSM8660 at 1.5Ghz can't compete with the OMAP4430 at 1Ghz and I know nothing about the technical aspects of either to know if what I am reading is right or not. What I do know is that my DInc2 with single core processor runs smoother and has less software issues than my father's Droid 3 with OMAP4430 and my old X2 with Tegra2. For someone like me that doesn't root , I would take the HTC with slightly worse CPU/GPU but better software over the better CPU/GPU and crappy software any day.

MOTO has really tainted me from their products and I was an avid MOTO supporter since the OG Droid but the frequent issues with the X and even worse with X2 made me try my first HTC and I am sold. I didn't like the screens on the X2 or Droid 3 either they come across as very cheap for some reason I can't put into words but the SLCD on the DInc2 with lower resolution blows them away. So much I am eager to see what HTC comes up with for an HD screen combined with Beats Audio!! I can't wait for more info on this phone.

Last edited:

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
No I'm just saying by february next year we could see quad core phones and the vigor will probably be outdated by next feb.

You might see a quad-core, but they won't likely be released until summer. That being said, there might be some better hardware out. You'll definitely have the Prime as an option in Feb.

equake

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tegra2, OMAP 4, and Snapdragon S3 are all year ago CPUs even the Dual-Core Snapdragons. They are all battery Hogs and built on previous generous chip tech. Even the Tegra3 would not provide much battery help. ICS hopefully will improve upon efficiencies... The baseband is also important and that is why the Snapdragons have a slight edge with integrated Baseband. The Moto Bionic supposedly has a new baseband that optimizes battery life and now has GB with OMAP.

Is it even realistically possible for it to have the 'Krait' at this point? and still be released in Oct? I wouldn't mind waiting an extra month or 2 for it to be honest but at the same time I wouldn't mind the MSM8660 clocked at 1.5Ghz. I am not that knowledgeable about processors and know I read the MSM8660 is based on last year tech but it still sounds kind of beastly not to mention I am sure Sense will be well optimized for it either way.

I have read how the MSM8660 at 1.5Ghz can't compete with the OMAP4430 at 1Ghz and I know nothing about the technical aspects of either to know if what I am reading is right or not. What I do know is that my DInc2 with single core processor runs smoother and has less software issues than my father's Droid 3 with OMAP4430 and my old X2 with Tegra2. For someone like me that doesn't root , I would take the HTC with slightly worse CPU/GPU but better software over the better CPU/GPU and crappy software any day.

MOTO has really tainted me from their products and I was an avid MOTO supporter since the OG Droid but the frequent issues with the X and even worse with X2 made me try my first HTC and I am sold. I didn't like the screens on the X2 or Droid 3 either they come across as very cheap for some reason I can't put into words but the SLCD on the DInc2 with lower resolution blows them away. So much I am eager to see what HTC comes up with for an HD screen combined with Beats Audio!! I can't wait for more info on this phone.

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Tegra2, OMAP 4, and Snapdragon S3 are all year ago CPUs even the Dual-Core Snapdragons. They are all battery Hogs and built on previous generous chip tech. Even the Tegra3 would not provide much battery help. ICS hopefully will improve upon efficiencies... The baseband is also important and that is why the Snapdragons have a slight edge with integrated Baseband. The Moto Bionic supposedly has a new baseband that optimizes battery life and now has GB with OMAP.

Unless I missed some kind of meeting, this is still 2011, making the Tegra 2, OMAP 4, and S3 this year's tech. NONE of the 2012 chips are out or have even reached manufacturers.The main difference is that the Tegra 2 and OMAP 4 are Cortext A9 cores which have much better battery management than A8 cores (S3). There is nothing in the near future that won't be A9-based, the only thing that will be changing is the size of the SoC's (45 nm vs 28 nm) and such changes aren't expected until early 2012.

dash813

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You might see a quad-core, but they won't likely be released until summer. That being said, there might be some better hardware out. You'll definitely have the Prime as an option in Feb.

moto has quad cores slated for early 2012 release actually

Moto Bullet and the Moto Jet, google it.

sure maybe they get delayed, but their expected Q1 2012

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
moto has quad cores slated for early 2012 release actually

Moto Bullet and the Moto Jet, google it.

sure maybe they get delayed, but their expected Q1 2012

That's when they are able to be put into phones. The processors have to be released before they can be utilized in a phone.

Also, the Targa was rumored to be a quad-core device. See how that turned out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo