Rezound no longer .01 at AmazonWireless

Schnooks

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Went in right before leaving for holiday to Best Buy .. got them to price match Amazon and told them I'd be back on the 28th w/ husband to sign up for the Rezound.. the original ad said good thru Nov. 28th. Grr.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, got my Rezound for a penny on Friday. And I know there has been tons of discussion about the policy if you swap devices and such. After I activated the new line of service, I swapped the phone to my primary line. Haven't heard anything yet from Amazon. It's only been a couple day so who knows. But I'll keep you guys updated. Supposedly, Amazon will email you prior to charging you. So if I get an email I'll let you know guys know so you'll know going forward.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
swapping the device does not matter. With amazon you cant cancel the line for 181 days and if you do that is when you get charged 250 dollars. So no there isn't a penalty if you swap the device to another line. You can do whatever you want with your line other than canceling it.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
swapping the device does not matter. With amazon you cant cancel the line for 181 days and if you do that is when you get charged 250 dollars. So no there isn't a penalty if you swap the device to another line. You can do whatever you want with your line other than canceling it.
That is true.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Oh I already know that and I told others. But in case you weren't aware there was a big discussion on this forum about it and people were paranoid and even decided not to purchase based on their conversation with Amazon reps. So you're not telling me anything I don't know but I am reporting back for those that were scared to try it. Thanks.

Snake_915

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

You're saying if he bought the phone for 1 cent and he cancels within 181 days he will be charged $250? What about the other $300 or so of the remaining off-contract price? (Edit) In other words, you're saying that if he DOES cancel the line it would be as if he purchased the phone off contract for $250.01? Or would he be subject to both Verizon's ETF and Amazon's?

I bought the phone for one cent as well, but I was thinking of putting a feature phone on the new amazon line and moving the rezound to my primary line. You saying this is OK and I will not be charged anything?

Last edited:

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

That's what the written policy says but if you talk to any of their people it most definitely does, even if it is another smartphone. Remove the data plan, decrease your minutes, any changes to the line and you get charged.

When I bought my Vivid last week they accidentally created a completely separate account with AT&T for me instead of just another individual plan separate from my family/shared minute plan and I was told equivocally that if I got AT&T to merge them (even of it was merging my old account into the new one and leaving the new phone as a separate plan) that I would be charged.

BE CAREFUL and BE WARY of changing anything when dealing with Amazonwireless.