New to Rezound have Questions?

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi all Just switched from a tbolt to the rezound so i figured i would say hi in the rezound forums.

I like the phone a lot, much faster than the tbolt but my battery life sucks compared to my tbolt. Yes the phone is stock and i always run 4g. I know in the phone setting there is a power usage setting, high performance, normal and economy can any one tell me what these settings do?

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what each setting does, but I run mine on normal. I would turn your display brightness to the lowest level you can accept(don't use automatic). I have mine at about 15%. I've also set the screen timeout to 15 sec. With these settings you should be able to get through a day at moderate usage.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe if you run anything except for performance you will not get 4g. Your best bet is to get rid of the bloatware (in the rezound rooting subsection) and looking into the extended battery. What kinda battery life do you get?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't get 4g on normal mode nor do I get instant notifications from gmail. For me, push notifications are a must for me daily. So I have to keep my phone on performance. No matter if I use economy, push still doesn't work and I have to manually refresh notifications. I buckled down and bought the extended battery.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from a tbolt to a rezound. The first couple days my battery life was better than the tbolt, then suddenly it took a nose dive and I noticed my phone seemed to be running hot.

I uninstalled a few apps that I had just installed, then installed JuiceDefender, restarted, and its not running hot any more and battery life is better again. I'm not sure how much is JuiceDefender and how much was just the restart and/or a misbehaving app, but JuiceDefender has a few nice features so I'll keep that on there for now and add apps back on a little more slowly.

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I am using the stock battery. I was thinking about getting the extended battery but i need a holster looking at Qmadix Snap-On Cover w/ Holster for HTC Rezound if the phone is like tbolt then not using the cover that goes on the phone and adding extended battery with door phone should slide right in. Just trying to verify this first. Does anyone use the extended battery with a holster what do you use?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I am using the stock battery. I was thinking about getting the extended battery but i need a holster looking at Qmadix Snap-On Cover w/ Holster for HTC Rezound if the phone is like tbolt then not using the cover that goes on the phone and adding extended battery with door phone should slide right in. Just trying to verify this first. Does anyone use the extended battery with a holster what do you use?

I use the red bumper from htc pedia when im not naked.
Extended Battery Hard Rubber Cases for HTC Rezound

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the OEM one for the extended battery. Has a kickstand so I can watch movies/ prop it up when Im listening to music (seriously why is the speaker in the back?) Should be here today hopefully! I bought it on ebay, it was $10 cheaper than VZW.

jnicer1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have and love my Rezound but having 2 major problems

1. Im trying to play plants vs Zombies and it will not run at all.

2. When playing Restaurant Story its very laggy and acts as if its working harder than it should be.

Does anyone know how to fix this ploblem?

dadds27

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i would say those apps might not be optimized for the rezound yet and i would let them know about the issue. im sure they will update them to account for the newer phones coming out

Reactions: jnicer1

JSE

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't get 4g on normal mode nor do I get instant notifications from gmail. For me, push notifications are a must for me daily. So I have to keep my phone on performance. No matter if I use economy, push still doesn't work and I have to manually refresh notifications. I buckled down and bought the extended battery.

I run in Normal mode and I get 4G and notifications from gmail.

dadds27

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i have of a question. what is the best app to use the front camera and chat with someone? i always here of this app or that one but i would like some input from my fellow zound hounds? ok sorry for that...

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
i have of a question. what is the best app to use the front camera and chat with someone? i always here of this app or that one but i would like some input from my fellow zound hounds? ok sorry for that...

Zound hounds? You zound like a fool, and we demand some rezpect around here. Lest this become a rezounding embarrassment of a forum.
But in all seriousness, try Tango. It's free, and it works pretty well. The problem is then convincing others to download it so you can try it with them. And of course, only like 20% of people have phones with front facing cameras for some reason, so you're stuck with this app and talking to only like one person on it.
/rant

Reactions: dadds27

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the extended battery with the case/holster combo. I love it and don't worry about power saving settings, I just use the phone how I want and it lasts more than 24 hours. Plants vs Zombies plays fine on my Rezound. For front facing camera app I use Skype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa