Beats audio?

A-1PSKGG

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I get the phone comes with the beats audio headphones which is a plus, but the phone says powered by beats. This may seem uneducated but what does this mean? I just purchased a new laptop by Hp and it also says powered by beats audio...and it is..there is a beats audio program that opens up that you can manipulate the sound of anything coming from the computer...any media player, any online streaming movies,even video chat. Not to mention all the recording manipulating abilities as well. So on this phone..is there a program that I am not seeing? Because as far as I can tell, The only beats part of this phone that I can find are the headphones and the logo of beats when you turn the phone on.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Plug in your Beats earbuds. Play a song on your stock music player. Look at your task/notification bar at the top and see the Beats logo? Drag the bar down and you'll be able to toggle it on or off.

Reactions: A-1PSKGG

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
To expand on this a bit, beats is a DSP(digital signal processor) that is supposed to bring higher clarity and bigger bass to smaller devices. As dovahkiin put it, it currently only works with the stock music player but HTC has released the beats libraries and 3rd party developers can build in beats support if they wish.

Reactions: A-1PSKGG

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
To note...
Beats is available to any external speaker/headset.
Perhaps it will sound best with the beats buds, but anything will work.
Most of the music I listen to was recorded analog and not digitally remastered (1940s to mid-1970s). Beats actually makes it sound worse, IMO.
It does seem to improve more modern music, however. Ymmv

MomaDave

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I listen to a lot of live music and Beats doesn't cut it. What I did was download Equalizer free version (because it has an easy 5 band EQ), I use the Beats earbuds (nice and comfortable) and disable the Beats Audio. I use EQ as needed per use. Especially since almost every live audio show or album needs to be EQ'd differently. Really makes the Beats earbuds sound incredible.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Mind also the quality of the file you're playing. You're just simply not going to get the same clarity from a lower bit-rate mp3 (though it's probably a non-issue as most everyone has an internet connection fast enough to provide for downloading 320kbps mp3 files.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38