Do you have a problem with the reflectiveness of the screen?

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi - I went to the VZN store today and the thing I didn't like about the Rezound is how reflective the screen was. It was like a mirror to me when the light was shining on it from above.

What are your thoughts about using this phone outside in bright sunshine?

How much does an anti-glare protector reduce the brightness of the screen?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Any device with a screen will have glare. It's as simple as that. My Touchpad, Rezound, OG Droid, my GF's Incredible, etc, etc. They all have glare when you shine a light on the screen.
This is why you have a hard time watching TV when the sun is beaming through your window.

That being said, no, I don't have any glare problems with this phone, indoors or out.
However, good luck using any phone while bright sunshine is hitting the screen. Even with full brightness, you're still gonna have a hard time unless you look for some shade.

Reactions: CarryMe

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
thanks, it is just that in-store this phone seemed to have more of a glare problem than the Razr or the Nexus.

No problem. I think Verizon stores are going for that "spotlight" effect on their phones, so the light shines bright in order to highlight the physical features.

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok on my walk to work i noticed it quite a bit. Still not as bad as my 3gs was, but was still a bit of an issue. I did notice however that the reflectiveness of the screen was plenty to check my hair!

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok on my walk to work i noticed it quite a bit. Still not as bad as my 3gs was, but was still a bit of an issue. I did notice however that the reflectiveness of the screen was plenty to check my hair!
LOL! I thought the same thing, who needs to carry a mirror if you have this phone!

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
No problem. I think Verizon stores are going for that "spotlight" effect on their phones, so the light shines bright in order to highlight the physical features.

It is amusing when you consider that the idea behind it is a considered a positive marketing idea. Yet, it actually has a negative effect on some people when shopping phones.