Facebook Keeps Unsyncing! *HELP*

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Nobody helped the last time I posted a thread about this but Facebook keeps mysteriously and continuously unsyncing itself and then asks me to match all of my contacts all over again and again and again... then on top of that about half of my FB contacts' profile pics disappear so it's just the default box with the silhouette and question mark in it. I'm OCD and I really hate that. I just want everything to sync properly and I really hope I don't have to do a factory reset. Anybody know about this issue???

I've already tried deleting FB from my "Accounts & sync" settings and re-adding it. It worked for a day then went back to having problems again. HELP!!!

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Nobody helped the last time I posted a thread about this but Facebook keeps mysteriously and continuously unsyncing itself and then asks me to match all of my contacts all over again and again and again... then on top of that about half of my FB contacts' profile pics disappear so it's just the default box with the silhouette and question mark in it. I'm OCD and I really hate that. I just want everything to sync properly and I really hope I don't have to do a factory reset. Anybody know about this issue???

I've already tried deleting FB from my "Accounts & sync" settings and re-adding it. It worked for a day then went back to having problems again. HELP!!!
Mine will not sync at all,but only Facebook,other then that the phone has been flawless.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
My facebook account only sync'd about 1/4 of the photos it should have. Since then I've been getting a android.process.acore force close error, rumor has it that facebook is causing the issue. I'm looking into it more.

Reactions: MarkSeven

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine will not sync at all,but only Facebook,other then that the phone has been flawless.

Yeah everything else is fine with mine too... No problems with Twitter. It's only Facebook, but that's what I use the most so it would be nice for it to work properly.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My facebook account only sync'd about 1/4 of the photos it should have. Since then I've been getting a android.process.acore force close error, rumor has it that facebook is causing the issue. I'm looking into it more.

I'm not getting any errors... it just keeps unsyncing itself. We need a fix for this ASAP. If you find out anything please let us know. Thanks!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting any errors... it just keeps unsyncing itself. We need a fix for this ASAP. If you find out anything please let us know. Thanks!

Are you still running the HTC compiled facebook? I had nothing but problems with that one. Once I rooted, I uninstalled that one and installed facebook from the market and haven't had a single problem with it trying to relink contacts, not syncing etc...

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I found that facebook was the cause of my FC android.process.acore issue (contacts app)

Are you still running the HTC compiled facebook? I had nothing but problems with that one. Once I rooted, I uninstalled that one and installed facebook from the market and haven't had a single problem with it trying to relink contacts, not syncing etc...

I've had issue with the stock facebook app. See above comment.

So as a solution: Uninstall facebook completely(root access required)

Install Google+

Live happily.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I found that facebook was the cause of my FC android.process.acore issue (contacts app)

Install Google+

Live happily.

Haha, I'd agree but getting all the people I know to do the same...that's the trick.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you move your Facebook to your SD card? I had this problem in the past and when I moved it to the phone...voila no more!

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Install Google+

Live happily.

I'm not rooted...

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm not rooted. Since it seems to be HTC's Facebook app is there a way to call them and complain?

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen with only one contact ever on my Rezound. I went and logged out of FB and rebooted and logged back in. Im not sure if I have the account setup under the Sense FB app or not as there is only one listed to add...

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen with only one contact ever on my Rezound. I went and logged out of FB and rebooted and logged back in. Im not sure if I have the account setup under the Sense FB app or not as there is only one listed to add...

Yeah I guess they took out the option to have it under FB for HTC Sense or the standalone FB app (like on the Evo 4G and most likely other older phones). Now it just says FB and it has to be the Sense version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non