Problem with Intune company portal and enterprise connection

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
So I bought the S22 Ultra. Did the back up like suggested -- to the Verizon Cloud, the Google cloud and using Samsung Smart Switch. All went great! Thanks again everyone!

Day 3...I had to return the phone! I am just going to repeat what I was told, at least to the best of my ability because I don't understand any of this, LOL.

So, when I called up my "corporate/home office IT help desk" to have them install "Intune," and then "enroll" the device" which sets up my "work profile" so I am connected for corporate email, calendar, contacts, etc. (Enterprise Server connection)...and there was some "problem" and it wouldn't work. After escalation they said that Samsung has some sort of new Account feature in their OS that is not supported by the Company Portal application (is that Intune?). I have no idea what this means. He said there was something in the google account that was preventing the Intune application from working and connecting to the enterprise connection.

The IT tech guy dumbed it down for me and said that you have to complete the corporate set up first and go through the "enrolling the device" -- BEFORE you start adding the accounts (Google) to the phone. Does this make sense? But, don't I need a google account? I bought the phone from Verizon. I don't even understand what "adding the accounts" means.

I was really excited to get the S22 Ultra. Spent money on accessories, case, screen protector, etc., LOL. Should I try this again or do I just abandon ship and find another device? Thanks everyone!

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I think the person who helped you didn't know what they were doing. I could be wrong obviously but I also use corporate email on my s22U. Has to have their security requirements like PIn, remote erase capabilities etc.

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
I think the person who helped you didn't know what they were doing. I could be wrong obviously but I also use corporate email on my s22U. Has to have their security requirements like PIn, remote erase capabilities etc.

Entirely possible. I know plenty of people must be. I am not tech savvy so that's a handicap. My S8+ worked fine. The one IT person said I should get the new phone, call them first, and then add/activate -- specifically my google/gmail -- accounts AFTER the device has been enrolled, installed Intune, and have corporate email up and running, calendar, contacts, etc.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know anything about that order of events. I don't recall if I did it that way or not... But I do have an S22 Ultra, and I do use inTune Company portal.

I had it on my Note 20 Ultra; used smart switch, and everything worked fine on the S22 Ultra.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
I don't know anything about that order of events. I don't recall if I did it that way or not... But I do have an S22 Ultra, and I do use inTune Company portal.

I had it on my Note 20 Ultra; used smart switch, and everything worked fine on the S22 Ultra.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks! Did you get your device from your carrier (and if so, which carrier) or was it a BYOD/unlocked device? I have a call with the head of IT on Friday. I am hoping this works out OK. Thanks again!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! Did you get your device from your carrier (and if so, which carrier) or was it a BYOD/unlocked device? I have a call with the head of IT on Friday. I am hoping this works out OK. Thanks again!

I would think all you need to do is factory reset your phone, which erases all the accounts off of it and sets it back to "brand new out of the box" status, then give it to your IT guy and let him set up the inTune stuff, and add your Google and Samsung accounts afterwards. You shouldn't have to get a new phone ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I've never worked with inTune, but what your IT guy is saying doesn't quite add up :confused:

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
I would think all you need to do is factory reset your phone, which erases all the accounts off of it and sets it back to "brand new out of the box" status, then give it to your IT guy and let him set up the inTune stuff, and add your Google and Samsung accounts afterwards. You shouldn't have to get a new phone ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I've never worked with inTune, but what your IT guy is saying doesn't quite add up :confused:

That's what the L3 tech person said! Thanks.

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
After the device could not get up and running and functioning properly -- the corporate VZW store could not do a factory reset. We could not do it. We could not remove my google account. There was something in the google profile/account that prevented them from doing a factory reset. I went to the Samsung tech store and they were able to do a factory reset. I then returned the phone to VZW. I couldn't run the risk of having a $1400 phone I could not use.

So, the L3 tech guy says the work-around is -- take it out of the box, fire it up, and do nothing. DO NOT connect emails and DO NOT activate or install any accounts (Google, Samsung, Outlook, etc.). Then do the Intune install, get connected through the company portal/enterprise connection, get up and running with corporate email, calendar, contacts, etc. -- AND THEN PROCEED to add your google account. So, if I want to try this...I have to get a new phone. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174