Battery life running CLEANROM GBE 1.6

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I just flashed CLEANROM GBE 1.6 on Thursday and am concerned about the battery life i am getting... i got just over 7hours today before my phone hit 7%... i would say i use it moderately during the day. Anyone else running GBE 1.6 getting more or is 7hours about right? just curious to see what others are getting: my usage was as follows:
Display 58%
com.htc.bgp 21%
cell standby 6%
phone idle 4%
android os 3%
Mediaserver 3%
music 3%
internet 2%

not really sure what that htc.bgp thing is...
does this look about right?

Thanks,

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd say that's actually pretty good based on my experiences.
i was getting 14-16hours on the stock rom post OTA and factory reset. I was hoping that scotts rom would be even better since it was free from the added bloatware, but if you are saying 7hrs is pretty good for this rom, then thats not good at all... i saw someone posted they were getting over 24hrs on the ICS rom and i tried to flash that one first but i got hung up in a boot loop. will give this one some more time and hopefully get some more opinions as to whether or not this is "normal ".

eallender

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks as if ur display is using alot too..try lowering display timeout to 30 sec. or 1 min. Also, if u havent yet, set brightness to 20 or 25%.. Just a thought:)

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the CleanROM 1.5.5 and have great success. If I could stop playing with it ..... well you know, LOL.

Also, the OTA keeps downloading, but of course always fails. I never use wifi so Big Red keeps sending me a 52MB file across their network. So :p to them, lol. I just delete the file. I'll give up what little battery life that takes.

JimFlyerFan

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks as if ur display is using alot too..try lowering display timeout to 30 sec. or 1 min. Also, if u havent yet, set brightness to 20 or 25%.. Just a thought:)

well i did that and it got me to 8hrs and 22mins before i had to plug in... thinking maybe i will have to go back to the stock rom as 8hrs between charges doesnt make me a happy camper.
stinks because i like the features of this rom and how clean it is.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying out CleanRom GBE for the first time today. So far after a factory reset, I've re-downloaded all of my apps, downloaded album covers for over 200 songs, set up 3 email accounts, organized Dolphin HD, and used Titanium Backup to further remove bloat. Then I browsed Facebook for a bit.
The result of all this, while 4G and Background Data are on, was only a 15% drop in battery. To me, this is phenomenal.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying out CleanRom GBE for the first time today. So far after a factory reset, I've re-downloaded all of my apps, downloaded album covers for over 200 songs, set up 3 email accounts, organized Dolphin HD, and used Titanium Backup to further remove bloat. Then I browsed Facebook for a bit.
The result of all this, while 4G and Background Data are on, was only a 15% drop in battery. To me, this is phenomenal.

I am running Scott's CleanRom 2.0 ICS and its been great so far. ICS + Browser is nice and the YouTube and Gmail apps are improved. I am interested in the battery life between CleanRom GBE and ICS. I have an extended battery and love the life I'm getting but hate the bulk. If either one can provide a days worth of moderate use, I may return it and grab a light tpu.case. I am going to give 2.0 a run tomorrow and see what happens.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
battery has been off the charger for 1 hr 36 mins and i'm sitting at 94%. GPS is off, Mobile is on, and brightness is set to about 30%

Display is 45%
Voice calls 16%
Wifi 12% (turned off)
standby 12%
phone idle 10%
OS 3%
Media server 2%

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Been off charger for 7 hours now and only at 59 % with moderate use i'd say something is running on your phone thats eating the battery