Next Anticipated Rezound Price Drop

techx4

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

I'm up for my verizon new-4-2 but the rezound is way past my budget, I can't do $160 for the upgrade and must wait for it to drop to under $100 at least. Could anyone with experience with the cycle of phone releases give a rough estimate as to when the next price drop might occur for the rezound? Perhaps sometime in the spring/summer or could it be sooner?

Thanks!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, we should be thankful enough that Verizon somewhat ditched the 4G "tax" at $299 for most of the 4G phones. It's sitting at $199 right now, and the almost year old Droid Charge is still $149. You're in for quite a wait.
Best advice I could give you is to check out Amazon, Radio Shack, or Costco and such for a better deal. Amazon usually has them for a penny, but you're locked into the contract with both Amazon and Verizon simultaneously. Your NE2 discount will NOT apply to those deals, though.
Good luck.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, we should be thankful enough that Verizon somewhat ditched the 4G "tax" at $299 for most of the 4G phones. It's sitting at $199 right now, and the almost year old Droid Charge is still $149. You're in for quite a wait.
Best advice I could give you is to check out Amazon, Radio Shack, or Costco and such for a better deal. Amazon usually has them for a penny, but you're locked into the contract with both Amazon and Verizon simultaneously. Your NE2 discount will NOT apply to those deals, though.
Good luck.

Never Knew that about amazon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how a $60 difference in the price of the device could be a deal breaker on getting a new phone. $2.50 per month over the course of your 2 year contract is a small percentage of the total operating costs of a smartphone.

techx4

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how a $60 difference in the price of the device could be a deal breaker on getting a new phone. $2.50 per month over the course of your 2 year contract is a small percentage of the total operating costs of a smartphone.

I know what you are saying it's just hard to justify the total $160+tax.. and I really meant UNDER 100, like if you were to sign up for a new verizon contract on amazon for the rezound you can get it for 80.. theres a bunch of older droids that i could get for under 80 or even free with the upgrade so i may simply need to go with the tbolt, Dinc2, or the X2 (god that would suck with the pentile screen) :(

thanks

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I know what you are saying it's just hard to justify the total $160+tax.. and I really meant UNDER 100, like if you were to sign up for a new verizon contract on amazon for the rezound you can get it for 80.. theres a bunch of older droids that i could get for under 80 or even free with the upgrade so i may simply need to go with the tbolt, Dinc2, or the X2 (god that would suck with the pentile screen) :(

thanks

Lower tier phones exist for a reason, I suppose.
If you go this route, I suggest the Samsung Stratosphere. The keyboard is easy to use, the bootloader is unlockable, it has 4G, and the screen is super AMOLED. For $99, that's not a bad deal.
Hell, I still miss keyboards and came dangerously close to buying the Stratosphere a few months ago.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Lower tier phones exist for a reason, I suppose.
If you go this route, I suggest the Samsung Stratosphere. The keyboard is easy to use, the bootloader is unlockable, it has 4G, and the screen is super AMOLED. For $99, that's not a bad deal.
Hell, I still miss keyboards and came dangerously close to buying the Stratosphere a few months ago.

I got my Rezound for $ 50 on upgrade within 2 weeks of release , i know others got it for a penny with new line. I am not really sure how much lower it can go. Of course, if you want the best price on anything, you have to always keep an alert eye out for deals and swoop in quick when they come. If you just wake up one day and say, hey, I want a Rezound or whatever the product might be, then of course you probably aren't going to get the best deal.

Pakbackr

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
There was a very brief time when you could get the Rezound on Amazon Wireless for a $0.01...I have a friend who got two at that price...crazy! However, now the Rezound is running $79.99 for new Verizon customers and $159.99 for existing customers. Go into the Verizon store now, and you pay $199.99. I suppose the advantage of paying extra at Verizon is that you can upgrade at discounted prices a few months earlier. I'd love to hear of experience other may have had with Amazon Wireless.

I think the prices will come down another $50 in the next few months, but no earlier than late Feb when the next line of HTC phones (HTC One X & S) are announced at the Mobile World Congress. And only then if one or both of these phones are coming to Verizon. And keep in mind that they have packaged the Rezound with Beats ear-buds worth about $100, so I never see this phone dropping below, say $129 on Verizon.

I am due for an upgrade on March 5th, and willing to wait a few weeks if necessary to see how this plays out. For what you get, I think $199 is not a bad deal, but it gets better as the price drops!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi