Number of Rings Before Voicemail

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to increase these? I went up and down the settings and found nothing. In another forum, someone mentioned that it's adjusted not via the phone but by the carrier. However, Verizon told me today that they no longer had this ability. How can that be that there's no such adjustment?

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to increase these? I went up and down the settings and found nothing. In another forum, someone mentioned that it's adjusted not via the phone but by the carrier. However, Verizon told me today that they no longer had this ability. How can that be that there's no such adjustment?

I know it was able to be altered back on Android 1.5. I believe they put a halt to it w/ 2.1+, by setting it to network default. . I confer what vzw told you b/c I read the same thing from a vzw tech. in the vzw community forum, they no longer provide access to edit the setting for mobile vm users. Which seems kind of silly given that residential landlines using Fios can adjust their ring lengths.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Can't you set the number of rings via Google Voice? I'm fairly sure you can but someone would need to call your Google voice number rather than your cell directly.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Can't you set the number of rings via Google Voice? I'm fairly sure you can but someone would need to call your Google voice number rather than your cell directly.

That was my line of thought originally but I saw 2-3threads where just that GV question was raised. Oddly, not a single one had a workaround response. One person implied that GV could be altered. Just not on Verizons network. This issue has been raging in the GV forum @groups.google.com as far back as 2009.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87