Pictures darker than the actual shot?

cabs hea

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that when you view the subject before taking the picture it turns out lighter/more vibrant than when you actually take the picture? If I view the picture in my gallery, it just seems darker... Hope that makes sense...

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
In the change log for the new leak that was supposedly fixed...meaning it was a known issue. Personally I never noticed.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed something similar but my theory seems to be that the review actually shows the picture as it would look with the appropriate brightness (so it boosts it if it's not set to high) and then when you go back to the gallery it looks darker because your auto brightness or whatever brightness it is set to is not as bright as what it showed in the review.

Hope that makes sense.. ;)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have problems at times with the right light getting into the camera and my pictures turning out darker than the actual scene.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Try this out:
Camera > Settings > White Balance : Incandescent

I find that it helps alleviate the light situation, but this workaround is more for the yellowish tint issue that comes from the other white balances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38