Is anyone leaving Rezound for a S III

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Not me.

No matter how pretty it looks in a video review it is a Samsung, which means bad radios, horrid build quality (as in cheap and plasticky feeling) and bad track record on pushing out bug fixes and updates.

I'm happy with my Rezound until VZW gets their version of a One X (which with its Krait CPU and a larger battery is just fine on battery life).

unklsckness

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Not me.
I'm happy with my Rezound until VZW gets their version of a One X (which with its Krait CPU and a larger battery is just fine on battery life).

That's exactly how I feel. For me the Rezound is the best for me. My previous Android device was a Fascinate and that was a love/hate relationship. Where as the Rezound is almost perfect with its antennas and after Rooting, however the battery drain is my biggest gripe.

Sent from a J3d!M?ndTr!ck via Tapatalk 2

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm switching. The Rezound is a great phone, but I want to use my upgrade to keep my data, and I wouldn't mind a less chunky phone. Also development for the GS3 is going to be sick.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Since I don't root, I'd be stuck with TouchWiz on the S3. Ugh! No thanks! Also don't like the physical home button. Overall, Samsung hardware just doesn't do it for me.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm switching. The Rezound is a great phone, but I want to use my upgrade to keep my data, and I wouldn't mind a less chunky phone. Also development for the GS3 is going to be sick.

^This, but only if Sams radios aren't pure rubbish on LTE. I'm not hopeful but miracles can happen, right?

DRKayak

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Rezound still pretty future proofed for now. No big jumps in technology in newest phones yet. For sure, they will come, but the Rezound is still thoroughly modern.

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Must be nice to have all of this money lying around to just buy a new phone....I have these things called bills I have to pay unfortunately, so one phone per upgrade is all I get.

PhoneJunkie

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure a One X variant would really be much of an upgrade over the Rezound, for you guys that say you're waiting for that. I see a lot of complaints about the no multi tasking in Sense 4. There seems to be a lot of unhappy customers of the new EVO LTE. I'm thinking we may still have the best HTC device. Lol.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Staying cause I want to and can't afford to buy one. But mostly cause I want to. Plus I think anyone that jumps before the radios have been tested by the masses is kind of stupid. A Samsung is still a Samsung no matter what spec sheet it has. If you can live with that then you can, but don't complain if and when history repeats itself.

I have a phone that works better than most if not all, and is defiantly more solid and reliable than the rest. That is enough for me. If I were in the market, I would wait to see what else comes out later. I want to see what google does with the next nexus and see what awesomeness the next iPhone will pull out of the android market. The only reason I like apple is cause they make my crap better lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
With today's shared plans announcement, I am getting the S3 to keep my unlimited data. I do not want to pay full retail right now.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I have a Rezound and think its great. BUT, Im a gadget addict, so I took a chance and pre-ordered an GS3 as my last subsidized phone. Im always looking foward to trying out new tech.

So I figuered why not. There is nothing else on Verizon worth using that subsidy on. If it ends up being crap...it will certainly re-sell for a great pice.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I need any device like this to be a phone first and Sammy has a lousy track record with their radios. So I'll just bounce between HTC and Motorola until Samsung takes connectivity seriously and makes some major improvements.

I also have an account on T-Mobile where I have the SGS2, The best radio in any phone I ever had. On average getting over 5 more MB download on that phone then all other 4 phones I own on T-Mobile. I have the MyTouch 4G, great phone, I own the G2 another great phone and the Nexus One, Classic. The SGS2 is the fastest and most stable of all these phones. T-Mobile in my area has very fast speeds. The tower is about a rocks throw from my house and I love it. .
Thank You T-Mobile
PS - Going to buy the T-Mobile SGS3. With this phone I will get sick speeds and not worry about battery issues. (LTE)

I currently have the HTC Rezound, this IMO has the best radios in all Verizon phones. I have the TBolt, Razr and the Rezound. The Rezound is at least 6 MB faster then any other LTE phone I have on Verizon, never drops of looses 4G. The Rezound just works. I usually root and flash a custom rom within the first 15 minutes of owning a new phone. The Rezound is so stable and fast right out of the box I have not yet rooted it. Going to wait until ICS drops and see what the new software does to this great phone. LTE in the Boston area is freaken fast, live in a suburb near Boston where on average during the day my DL speeds are usually over 24 MB down and 6 MB UP. During the off hours the speeds get allot faster. If I go around the corner from my house I can get speeds very close to 45 MB down and 15 up. Thank You Verizon Wireless.

I have two Carriers that I get great service from. Best of both worlds. Been with T-Mobile forever and joined Verizon right before their unlimited data plan had expired.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The cdma voice radio is on the right side bottom, so technically, you should be able to touch the lower left when using verizon. When using voice over gsm, then you can touch the right but not the left bottom as that is where the gsm radio is.

In case anyone is wondering, the gs3 does have svdo simultaneous voice and data over 3G.