WiFi Connection Issues After ICS

Pakbackr

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having wifi issues with their Rezound after the ICS upgrade? Overall, I am very pleased with ICS. But ever since I installed it, my Rezound now drops my wifi connection ALL the time. I am constantly having to go into wifi settings and turn it off and back on to reconnect. And sometimes when I am upstairs, it says I am too far away to connect with my home network...NEVER EVER had that happen before. Just wonder - am I the only one? If not, any advice?

fester01

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My Rezound would have problems once a week like that before the ICS upgrade and once since the upgrade. I usually end up resetting the router and I can reconnect right away.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Have u done a factory reset?HTC and google have done something with this update,making us factory reset our devices to make ics fully functional.

sent from my iced up&jellybeanless,HTC REZOUND

Pakbackr

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Have u done a factory reset?HTC and google have done something with this update,making us factory reset our devices to make ics fully functional.

No, I haven't done that yet. What happens to my content, wallpaper image, organization once I do this?

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine was terrible before and after ICS until I did the factory wipe (after ICS). Did that a couple of nights ago and have noticed that 4G is perfect. But I haven't readded all my apps yet, but most of the important ones, including facebook. Also, 4G Wi-Fi hotspot doesn't work. Not sure why. Need to go to Verizon, but never have time...

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
After u factory reset,may want to do a battery and sim pull,I did it with mine,and have no issues,also go into settings and uncheck fastboot.hope this helps u out.

Bsheedy

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that every morning my wifi is off now. I flashed ruu 3.14.605.10 and then .12 when it became available. Should I still have done a factory reset even though after flashing it was wiped clean?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I switch to Verizon for Share Everything in order to get the mobile hotspot so I can use WiFi and I have yet to get a connection away from my home network. I'm probably going to go to the Verizon corporate store about 30 miles away later on this morning and have them do it see if they can make it work.

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Without facebook, ran great. With facebook, had problems getting data about 24.hours after facebook install. Uninstalled facebook updates and working fine so far.

anon(59657)

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same problem described by the original poster. Switching on the "Best wifi performance" option seems to make it happen less often, but I can't get more than 5 hours out of my battery with that option turned on.

aaronmhill

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Piizzadude & Mike7728 (or anyone else)... can one of you direct me to directions on how to flash (2x) and then do the factory reset? I've been searching around for the "how to", but haven't had luck...

- AA

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Do u know how to put the zip on your sd card then power down,and get into bootloader?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums