Interesting Battery Observation

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I use GSam Battery Monitor and it provides a great deal of data on what apps suck down my battery. I have removed apps that I barely use of that appear to take more power than I think they should. Noticed over the last few days that Kernal is the largest user of battery on my Rezound. Did not ever see this anywhere near the top of the list on Gingerbread. Would post a picture, but can't get screen capture to work.

Key standard battery stats for today. Took off the charger 4 hours and eleven minutes ago. 59% remaining and Kernal used 30.1% of my total power.

Would be interested in thoughts opinions and solutions from the Android Central Community.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you stock? Have you factory rebooted after the ICS update? something on your phone is obviously making the kernal eat the battery

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Stock, never rooted. I have not done a factory reset, but probably will tonight. Might wait for this new patch to hit first.

Does a reset erase my sd card?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
GSAM seems to bunch a lot more stuff into "kernel" in ICS than in GB, not really sure why... The stock app shows "Display" as taking a lot of battery, but GSAM shows "kernel" as using way more, I can't really explain it, but just letting you know you are not in noticing this.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Stock, never rooted. I have not done a factory reset, but probably will tonight. Might wait for this new patch to hit first.

Does a reset erase my sd card?

Generally, no... still a prudent move to back it up, though. Remember that line from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad: "Trust in Allah... but tie up your camel !"
Golden_Voyage_of_Sinbad.jpg

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I use GSam Battery Monitor and it provides a great deal of data

Would post a picture, but can't get screen capture to work.

Sent from my Rezound intermittently, while chasing a toddler & an infant, using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress