Navigation causing reboot

grea3682

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
After the ICS my wife Rezound reboots when she enters navigation. Anyone else having this issue or know if its a maps issue or ICS?

RZM

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It's happening to me also. Kind of weird half re-boot. I just get the white screen with HTC, then the beats audio screen then it finally comes back up. I'm going to try and uninstall Google nav then reinstall and see if that helps.

Chscob

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Uninstall the new Google maps update and it will stop rebooting.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

LOBBS

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Navigation and maps quit rebooting for me by going to the .2 global RUU.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Settings->Apps->Maps then select Uninstall Updates

Make sure you go to the Play Store and find the Maps application and turn off Automatic Updating, or it will be for nothing.

quinngoldie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There's still an update option available on the Play store so maybe it didn't update? I mean Maps looks completely different after yesterday's update but who knows

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
You may be able to uninstall the updates from the Google Play store. I think that's how I had to do it.

Yes, you have to go through Google Play store to uninstall. Once there make sure that automatic updating is unchecked.

Sent from somewhere

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There's still an update option available on the Play store so maybe it didn't update? I mean Maps looks completely different after yesterday's update but who knows
Hmmm... Google Play clearly shows the last update to Maps was August 16, 2012.

But if there is an Update button on GP, then you do not have the latest version they have online, but stay with what 6.3 (stock) or sideload 6.9.2 until it has been confirmed a new version fixes the issue.

To be honest, I don't think this is Google -OR- HTC's fault... this could have been fixed a day or two after the version of ICS that Verizon currently has was determined to be the issue and the new 4.3.605.2 firmware was determined to work fine and be more stable than the current one. Verizon could have done an emergency push of the update, and by now all of these issues with Maps would be gone and the issues of heat, lag, battery life, connection loss and most other issues would be resolved for most people.

I blame Verizon for not fixing this quickly, they could still do it now if they were so inclined, but they hate Google and HTC, so why should they bother... it might push a few people over to Motorola, Samsung, iPhone, or Windows phones, which they like better anyway.

lobolocojo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue suddenly and needed my gps and didn't have time to troubleshoot and I did a factory reset and the problem went away.

quinngoldie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Google Play clearly shows the last update to Maps was August 16, 2012.

But if there is an Update button on GP, then you do not have the latest version they have online, but stay with what 6.3 (stock) or sideload 6.9.2 until it has been confirmed a new version fixes the issue.

To be honest, I don't think this is Google -OR- HTC's fault... this could have been fixed a day or two after the version of ICS that Verizon currently has was determined to be the issue and the new 4.3.605.2 firmware was determined to work fine and be more stable than the current one. Verizon could have done an emergency push of the update, and by now all of these issues with Maps would be gone and the issues of heat, lag, battery life, connection loss and most other issues would be resolved for most people.

I blame Verizon for not fixing this quickly, they could still do it now if they were so inclined, but they hate Google and HTC, so why should they bother... it might push a few people over to Motorola, Samsung, iPhone, or Windows phones, which they like better anyway.

Thanks! I'm going to stick with it now. I rarely use the navigation feature but if I do and it crashes then I guess I'll have to cross that bridge. Ha. Thanks again!