1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation HTC Rezound stuck on white HTC boot screen. [Total Noob]

I recently had my Rezound replaced (about 3 weeks ago) and I transferred my SIM card and my MicroSD card to the new phone. The old phone had to be replaced due to a broken power button, so I assume that isn't relevant as there was nothing wrong with the system itself. I powered onto the bootloader and tried to do a factory reset, as well as trying the recovery option, both yielded a red triangle. I've gone about as far as I can go just from browsing other people's issues, and I don't know anything about the OS or the technical side of things. I do know that the phone is 100% stock with no changes. I could use whatever help I can get.

Default Re: HTC Rezound stuck on white HTC boot screen. [Total Noob]

Welcome to Android Central! I found this post in another forum: . When you see the red triangle, press the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time to bring up the Recovery Menu. Then try wiping the cache partition.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the welcome BDiddy, I wiped the cache partition, but it didn't change anything. I'm still stuck on the HTC screen after reboot.

Try taking the microSD card out and then rebooting again. I've heard from others that funkiness with an SD card can cause similar problems.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No luck, unfortunately. I also tried removing the SIM card since I've heard that that can cause a problem as well. No change.

Ugh. Since your replacement Rezound is likely a refurbished unit itself, it sounds like it's a dud as well. Call your wireless company and ask for another replacement. This kind of thing is unfortunately not uncommon.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That's strange, it worked for a good 2 weeks without a problem. Regardless, thank you for your help.

I was under the impression that your replacement Rezound was doing this out of the box, so maybe there's something else we can try. Did you every successfully do a factory reset? If not, try doing so from the Recovery Menu.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I did, nothing changed.

Ergh. That's all I got, sorry!