HTC Rezound stuck on white HTC boot screen. [Total Noob]

DylPicklz

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I recently had my Rezound replaced (about 3 weeks ago) and I transferred my SIM card and my MicroSD card to the new phone. The old phone had to be replaced due to a broken power button, so I assume that isn't relevant as there was nothing wrong with the system itself. I powered onto the bootloader and tried to do a factory reset, as well as trying the recovery option, both yielded a red triangle. I've gone about as far as I can go just from browsing other people's issues, and I don't know anything about the OS or the technical side of things. I do know that the phone is 100% stock with no changes. I could use whatever help I can get.

DylPicklz

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome BDiddy, I wiped the cache partition, but it didn't change anything. I'm still stuck on the HTC screen after reboot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try taking the microSD card out and then rebooting again. I've heard from others that funkiness with an SD card can cause similar problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Since your replacement Rezound is likely a refurbished unit itself, it sounds like it's a dud as well. Call your wireless company and ask for another replacement. This kind of thing is unfortunately not uncommon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that your replacement Rezound was doing this out of the box, so maybe there's something else we can try. Did you every successfully do a factory reset? If not, try doing so from the Recovery Menu.