had my phone for two months now...

elindquist1

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
And I have not had any issues with it. Sure, GPS sucks some times, but other times it is spot on. I can honestly say that I have only had 1 reboot as well.

Not sure I want to root the TB as it has been running great for me. Should I still go through the rooting process or wait for the update?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
And I have not had any issues with it. Sure, GPS sucks some times, but other times it is spot on. I can honestly say that I have only had 1 reboot as well.

Not sure I want to root the TB as it has been running great for me. Should I still go through the rooting process or wait for the update?
My advice, wait for the update since it is just around the corner anyway. Also, wait until you have a reason to root. Don't do it just for grins.

-Frank

Reactions: elindquist1

kanai

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got mine on the release day and it has been working fine even after the update. I wonder what is the percentage of TBs having the reboot issue. That should not be that high (maybe around 20%?) because there are tons of happy users out there as well.

xxtsxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
mine has also been running great. Ive had maybe a couple reboots in the month i have had it. Im planning on waiting for the gingerbread update before I root because im just going to debloat and get free wifi hotspot again

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since release day with no issues aside from a reboot once every week or so. I rooted and couldnt be happier because I wanted a few root features.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since June 5. I am running the stock ROM, and have not had any of the three updates offered or applied. Taking the "if it ain't broke, don;t fix it" approach to updates. The only reboots I have had have been the ones I initiated, either flying, bump charging, or a couple of weird battery issues.

GPS started great, and got a little strange after a brief 4G outage a couple of weeks ago. But it's generally very good - I do have an app called GPS Test that allows you to clear and restart the GPS if it gets slow.

My only concern is battery life, which I mentioned in my post in the First Impressions/Reviews thread, but I also expected it. I'm currently using Jorte as my calendar overlay, thinking about Pimlical, and HanDbase, as I hadn't realized how much I missed my Palm IIIc until I got my Thunderbolt.

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
ive had no real issues with mine from a phone i got 2 weeks after launch..my gf gets pissed at it.. blows here i crap outta the water since she likes a few apps i have. gps can be funky but i dont worry about it .kinda useless here anyhow not a real gps device u need a data signal at all times to download the maps and i live in the sticks not always a data signal so i would never rely on it.. other than that...when i do have signal its within 2 yrds after doing some of the app fixes once a week...pretty nice phone if u ask me blows my old storm outta the water! never had a reset ever! but i only use 3g if that matters..i can see where that issue would really piss a person off...phone would be dead after 4 or 5 of them seems to suck up quite abit when i do it myself once every couple weeks

Last edited:

gaygeek

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had the issues people complain about either... I've even had decent battery life from the inexpensive Anker 1700mah batteries from amazon. I can get through a whole day with moderate use.

piney225

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the people that do not have any issues are the ones that are solely in a 3g area. 3g at hone the phone is great. 4G at work not so much, I have every problem in the world in 4G.

kanai

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think the people that do not have any issues are the ones that are solely in a 3g area. 3g at hone the phone is great. 4G at work not so much, I have every problem in the world in 4G.
I live in a 4G area but my phone hasn't had any issues so far.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My advice, wait for the update since it is just around the corner anyway. Also, wait until you have a reason to root. Don't do it just for grins.

-Frank

I disagree with this post. Do it now and do it for grins. Because no matter the reason for doing it, you will be grinning once you do. :)

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk