New OTA impact thread - please report in

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The new traffic widget seems cool. Tells u how many minutes i would take u to get to a destination. I have not gotten a chance to test ra accuracy but will latter today.

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
new red mobile hotspot icon. hospot also dead now. used for awhile but will get the unlimited $30 and cut off comcast completely. signal strenght is up and own not getting the full 4 bars i used to get. Need 2.3 bread tho.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
downloaded this morning. was a little buggy with adw launcher at first rebooted an had no problems. the last update fixed alot of my nav an reboot issues. so this is other fixes, but very upset about the bloatware adds.

just give us gbread.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So far pretty much like everyone else.

GPS lock is way faster - and the weather widget is now showing proper locations.

OS speed is increased.

I tried to recreate the WiFi / loss of data issue noted earlier. Data was missing for about 5 seconds then flashed back on on its own. It also appears to be handing off between LTE and 3G smoother.

My Verizon App is working.

I am thinking the Droid Life PDF got some Gingerbread elements mixed in, as the tabbed app drawer is a Gingerbread feature.

OK, that explains the missing tabbed app drawer - thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The update KILLED my leaked version of skype with video. i tried unstalling and re installing but when i try to launch app it says "sorry, your phone is not compatible with this version of skype". This is terrible for me, i use skype all the time, i wish i had not done the update. any one have any ideas how we can get skype with video back?:'(

you can root it back to mr1, then install a rom or debloat. i would not leave it stock because the update might auto take. any mr1 or gb based rom will work with skype. froyo mr2 based roms will not work. mr1 based rom will work with the original leaked skype with the security leak problem, any gb based rom will work with the newly leaked v2.00.45

http://forum.androidcentral.com/thu...unroot-windows-updated-5-20-w-mr1-update.html

alternatively, if you don't want to maintain root, you still need to do a temp root, then restore mr1 stock unrooted by following the procedure here:

[HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011 - xda-developers

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Think some people need to understand you are reading the wrong words in your head. I don't know why you are adding word "Drawer" to your statements, if it just because other people have said it but please re-read this statement.

View App Menu in tabbed layout.

App MENU which could very well mean when you have menu available in any App. Nothing in that wording says the App drawer at ALL so please stop saying that until we know what wording they meant. Not say anyone is right or wrong just simply saying there is nothing there to make me believe that App menu = App drawer at this time because it could honestly mean what I stated in a App menu inside Apps.

DeathCry

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
my experience so far, not too different from others...

update started last night before i fell asleep. I think i woke up at one point and it asked to do another download. so this morning it was ready to go..
as others have noted, the skype mobile (with video) no longer worked
hotspot, new icon, wants you to subscribe
the regular version of skype seemed to be stuck in connecting mode... at least the icon on top, when i was using wi-fi. when i switched off wi-fi, it seemed ok. after a re-boot, it works as normal on wi-fi or not.
was not getting 4g in the house, but i didnt walk around. I am now outside on patio and 4g is coming in. i always got 4g before.
can't say on re-boots yet as I only seemed to get them during navigation. which was very inconvenient.
i do not have the aforementioned NYT icon. seems like there are more vcast icons but never paid attention.
and yes Myverizon worked well.
battery life seems same as always, but with the LTE on and a live wallpaper that might not matter.
thats all I have noticed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87