Can't get apps on SD card after update

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a very similar problem just last week. Discovered that there is a bug in the OS that leaves a file behind if internet connectivity is lost during an app install. This file must be deleted. I was able to mount my sd card on my laptop and find the file that is mentioned here and remove it. That did the trick!!!

After deleting that file all app operations began working seamlessly again. Here are the directions I followed.

Fixing The "Couldn't Install On USB Storage Or SD Card" Problem On Android

Hope this helps out....

fyrekraker

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a very similar problem just last week. Discovered that there is a bug in the OS that leaves a file behind if internet connectivity is lost during an app install. This file must be deleted. I was able to mount my sd card on my laptop and find the file that is mentioned here and remove it. That did the trick!!!

After deleting that file all app operations began working seamlessly again. Here are the directions I followed.

Fixing The "Couldn't Install On USB Storage Or SD Card" Problem On Android

Hope this helps out....

thanks so much for the link, I had been having this problem for a while and was unable to get a response on the forum. I was beginning to think this as just an android thing, but the fix was very easy...again thank you

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
thanks so much for the link, I had been having this problem for a while and was unable to get a response on the forum. I was beginning to think this as just an android thing, but the fix was very easy...again thank you

This was driving me nuts a cpl days ago so I'm glad I was able to help.

TBDreamer

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot! I actually just did a factory reset right before I read this though haha, but I'll look at the solution you provided if the problem persist

Factory reset didn't solve the problem, trying your method now

Last edited:

tarang.tandon

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I had an app named "sms backup and restore" now I am not able to get it back after doing factory reset, now I can see the app in sd card in android_secure but its in a format of "com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore-1.asec, now I am not able to get the app back. can anyone please help me