Help with Mr2

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I applied the first leaked Mr2... Whenever I try to update to the official one it says error...service unavailable and I have 4g...could this be because I already have sort of the same thing? Pls help, thanks...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You're running an unofficial version of the MR2 and Verizon isn't recognizing that you need an update. You will need to install the official MR2 manually. This can be done by downloading the file and installing it just as you did the original MR2. You'll need to either do it now or later as you'll need to be ready for Gingerbread when it comes out.

Reactions: MOTOX2

rot#AC

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I applied the first leaked Mr2... Whenever I try to update to the official one it says error...service unavailable and I have 4g...could this be because I already have sort of the same thing? Pls help, thanks...

you really wouldnt be updating you would be downgrading. or flash it recovery.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
How so? I have ran both MR2 updates and they seem identical in performance.

My GPS seems quirkier with the newest update. Other than that its the same. I am having the issue that some other folks have complained about with the GPS randomly dropping all satellites every couple minutes or more.

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually...its not working still...it erased everything but still when I check for an update...it should say no new update available but still says error...no service....help?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually...its not working still...it erased everything but still when I check for an update...it should say no new update available but still says error...no service....help?
If you are running the leaked mr2 u will not get a ota. U have to apply the update using the link I posted. If u install that and check for update. You should get nothing. Also the new build # for this update is 1.70.605.0. To check your build number go to settings-aboutphone - software information

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I get around tech easily...I'm not a geek but I do have that baseball number but when I check it still says error...maybe ill th when I'm on 3g..this is wired...

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I meant I have that baseband number...not baseball...

I don't know why it just says error when it should say no update available...