Do I need to keep it charged?

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My son has recently left for boot camp in the marines. We both have TB's. Do I need to periodically charge his TB or is it ok to just let it go for 13 weeks? It?s turned off and no one will be using the phone. Didn?t want him to lose anything stored on the phone. So do I need to keep it charged?
Thanks

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
He will not loose any data... but it's not good to let the battery die... that would be my only concern... you can damage the battery by killing it... I might stick it on the charger once a week or so for an hour or so to wait for the charging light to go green to be sure it's fully charged.

Reactions: Bakerboy2253

kpetrie77

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Lithium ion batteries (in general) self discharge about ~1.5% a month at room temperature. I think storing with the battery removed (to prevent any parasitic discharge from the device) and a recharge at 6 month intervals should be fine.

Kind Regards,
Kevin

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My son has recently left for boot camp in the marines. We both have TB's. Do I need to periodically charge his TB or is it ok to just let it go for 13 weeks? It?s turned off and no one will be using the phone. Didn?t want him to lose anything stored on the phone. So do I need to keep it charged?
Thanks

Remove the battery, put it in a bag, store in the refrigerator or some other very cool place. It will be good for years in there.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually, for a LiIon battery that is in storage, putting it on charge and keeping it near 100% charge is a BAD thing for it. You want to keep it closer to 50% charge for longer term storage.

gwtiff54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Please tell your son thank you for his service to our country. I know its hard as a parent to let him go but the Lord will take care of him. If his battery fails I'll buy him a new one. Take care. :)

Reactions: Bakerboy2253