Asurion and rooted devices

marberto

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
To my understanding if u do a warranty replacement of a rooted phone, verizon will charge u for the device, now, what about an insurance replacement? Does asurion charge if u send back a rooted phone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
To my understanding if u do a warranty replacement of a rooted phone, verizon will charge u for the device, now, what about an insurance replacement? Does asurion charge if u send back a rooted phone?

i don't belive so but I would unroot it before u send it in just to be safe

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Asurion charges you regardless for an insurance claim. There is no returning the device. They could care less what has happened to the phone, since they do not take returns as far as I have seen. How else could you file a claim for a lost/stolen device? They have no extra fees other than the deductible.

Insurance more or less openly covers anything NOT covered under warranty.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Asurion charges you regardless for an insurance claim. There is no returning the device. They could care less what has happened to the phone, since they do not take returns as far as I have seen. How else could you file a claim for a lost/stolen device? They have no extra fees other than the deductible.

Insurance more or less openly covers anything NOT covered under warranty.

Actually if the device is damaged and you still have it, Asurion does asked for the phone back, if you dont send it in within 14 days they charge you up to $300 on top of the $99 (they do seem to give you a grace period extra to the 14 days though). The good thing about Asurion is that they send you a brand spankin new phone with your claim, complete with the black box, wall charger, sim card, 32gb sd card and new battery which was awesome and you only have to send in the phone. That's right, they let you keep all your accessories and sd card and battery etc. which basically pays for the $99 deductible.:)

I know all this because I broke my screen and had to do a claim back in late june.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa