And all this time I thought Netflix was no big deal to me...

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking to myself that I hardly ever watch Netflix even on my TV, why is it such a big deal to have it on the phone? I figured I really didn't much care 'cuz I wouldn't really use it anyway.

Wow... what I never thought of was...

The beauty of having Netflix on your phone is that you can watch 15 min while waiting in the Dr Office, another 15 minutes while waiting for your number to be called at Motor Vehicle, another 15 minutes while waiting for your wife to get ready to go out to dinner, another 20 minutes while waiting for a dining table, and finally, the last 20 minutes the next day at the car wash. Point is, I was thinking I wouldn't spend 90 minutes in front of a 4.3" screen. While now I realize that the point is not to spend 90 minutes in front of the screen, but to spend a few minutes at various times over a day or two, until you finish the movie at your convenience. Very cool. Kinda like a Kindle, but movies!

I like it, after all.

-Frank

Last edited:

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking to myself that I hardly ever watch Netflix even on my TV, why is it such a big deal to have it on the phone? I figured I really didn't much care 'cuz I wouldn't really use it anyway.

Wow... what I never thought of was...

The beauty of having Netflix on your phone is that you can watch 15 min while waiting in the Dr Office, another 15 minutes while waiting for your number to be called at Motor Vehicle, another 15 minutes while waiting for your wife to get ready to go out to dinner, another 20 minutes while waiting for a dining table, and finally, the last 20 minutes the next day at the car wash. Point is, I was thinking I wouldn't spend 90 minutes in front of a 4.3" screen. While now I realize that the point is not to spend 90 minutes in front of the screen, but to spend a few minutes at various times over a day or two, until you finish the movie at your convenience. Very cool. Kinda like a Kindle, but movies!

I like it, after all.

-Frank

I think I used it 2hrs today its a great thing to have

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I used it 2hrs today its a great thing to have

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
It turns out that the ability to watch movies on your phone is all about portability (once again!). I can never seem to get 90 minutes at home, "in-a-row", to watch a movie. But, with portability comes convenience. Watch what you have time for and watch the rest later. Heck, it's always in your pocket.

-Frank

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And you thought that you could live with a data limit. When my friend found out about the Netflix application, he told me that Verizon is crazy to believe that this data limit was acceptable. Now that Netflix is widely available on Android, we can watch one movie and just about hit that 2 GB cap. So much for that "low percentage" of people going over 2 GB.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just watched a 2 hr movie and my meter jumped 600mb. I'm glad I'm unlimited cause if I had to worry about data all the time I'd probably get rid of it all together.
And thanks to Netflix for letting me finally use this phone for what it's meant to.

Dragon1473

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Before mobile hotspot was eliminated, I was using it to tether my iPod touch and watch Netflix that way. I take advantage of that on my 75 minute commute (which is jumping up to somewhere between 90 and 100 minutes next month :-\ ). I've watched more movies and TV shows that way then I do any other way. I'm so glad that I can finally watch it on my Thunderbolt!

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Now texting, talking, watching movies, listening to music, using gps, playing angry birds, using facebook and twitter.............

I am scared to go out now, sh...................t :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87