Phone still taking forever to turn on, even with Fast Boot...why?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Earlier, I asked a question here about why my phone took forever to turn on.

I was directed to use Fast Boot, which was PERFECT for me. Instead of 3 minutes to power up, it took less than 15 seconds!

This continued on wonderfully for about two weeks, until just a few days ago, when I reset my phone for something, (not factory reset, just regular reset) and noticed that it was taking a long time to turn on.

I went back into the power menu, and made sure "Fast Boot" was still ticked, which it was.

I unticked FB, then ticked it again.

I then tried turning it off, then on again, but it still took 3 minutes.

Earlier today, i performed a factory reset for something completely different, and decided that I would try the FB again, but to no avail.

Do you know why this is happening?

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone still taking forever to turn on, even with Fast Boot...

1. Are you on the MR2 OTA? In the original facory ROM (also after the MR1 radio) fast boot only worked in 4G areas. After the MR2 OTA, fast boot started working in 3G areas and on WiFi.

2. Are you turning the phone all the way off (Power off, red icon) and then turning it on again? Or are you choosing Restart (green icon)? The Restart option purposefully bypasses the quick boot option so that you can get the benefits of a reboot to completely restart the phone.

Reactions: FrankXS

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Are you turning the phone all the way off (Power off, red icon) and then turning it on again? Or are you choosing Restart (green icon)? The Restart option purposefully bypasses the quick boot option so that you can get the benefits of a reboot to completely restart the phone.
Ah ha! Wondered about this too.

-Frank

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

I did try turning it off, (the red button) but it still does take a long time to power on.

About the update, erm, I have my phone updated to the newest software.
But I don't know if that's what you are talking about. (It's the update that stopped the reboots)

But even before the update, I wasn't in a 4G area, and the fast boot worked, and maybe for a day after the update it worked.

pat3332

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Fast Boot only works on my phone if I do a Power Off, then turn it back on, but it won't Fast Boot if I do a Restart. I don't know if it's suppose to Fast Boot when you do both a Power Off and Restart or not.

I am almost never out of a 4G area, so I can't say if that has anything to do with it or not. I have noticed that on every you tube video I've looked at demonstrating the TBolt's fast boot, the Power Off button is always the one they push and never the Restart.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Fast Boot only works on my phone if I do a Power Off, then turn it back on, but it won't Fast Boot if I do a Restart. I don't know if it's suppose to Fast Boot when you do both a Power Off and Restart or not.

I am almost never out of a 4G area, so I can't say if that has anything to do with it or not. I have noticed that on every you tube video I've looked at demonstrating the TBolt's fast boot, the Power Off button is always the one they push and never the Restart.
Power Off yes, Restart no. Apparently not the problem here 'though.

Thanks, Robrecht

Harmz85

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

hey i have a htc thunderbolt after i did a factory reset it wont even power up help please

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My tbolt went from 5 minutes to 3 minutes on fast boot. Factory reset and all. Since beginning till I exchanged it for a RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty